Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Basil questions..

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 307 Total Views

I am going to order a Holy Basil plant and some capsules after reading about it. I have some questions for anyone who has experience with it.

1. Something I read said not to use if you plan on becoming pregnant because it could cause infertility. Is that temporary or a long term perminent effect? I'm done having kids but I dont want to give it to my daughter and steralize the girl.

2. Has anyone given it to a baby? My baby is 13 months, sick a lot and has chronic ear infections. There isn't enough information about it for safety and doseage information for infants and toddlers so I was hoping someone knew first hand.

3. Anyone take capsules long term for depression or anxiety? I was thinking about doubling it up with st johns wart because right now I'm on celexa. I dont like being drugged to stabilize my mood.

Any other info would be very helpful. Thank you.

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MilfShake26
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM

BUMP!

confused969
by Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I've been drinking the Tulsi tea-which is holy basil.  I read it is good for you and using herbs in teas is probably the safest way.  I don't know if it is doing anything for me but I like to have something warm to drink and it comes in different flavors as well so I thought why not drink something that might be good for me as well.  Sorry if that is not that much help but that is about all I know.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM
You can use Melaleuca (tea tree) essential oil diluted in a carrier oil. Apply 1drop behind each ear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)