Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help..... sick 7 month old!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

7 month old has a stomach virus and we have no health insurance.  He's been throwing up all night and fussing.  He woke up at 6 nd threw up then fussed and fell asleep then woke up at 7 and played a little and ate and slept.  He just woke up now and was happy, its 11:30 and he just threw up again.  the nurse ftrom the ped. said to give him pedialyte and chicken broth, anbd I asked if it was ok since we haven't even started him on solids yet.  She said it was fine.  should I do that or just stick to BM? What else can I do?

God, brilliant Lord, yours is a household name. Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you; toddlers shout the songs That drown out enemy talk, and silence atheist babble. Psalm 8:1-2 Psalms 139.  you are fearfully and wonderfully made.           

Living God's Word http://www.cafemom.com/group/livinggodsword  Baby Sign  www.cafemom.com/group/signing Not circumcised www.cafemom.com/group/notcirc 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM

anyone here today?

God, brilliant Lord, yours is a household name. Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you; toddlers shout the songs That drown out enemy talk, and silence atheist babble. Psalm 8:1-2 Psalms 139.  you are fearfully and wonderfully made.           

Living God's Word http://www.cafemom.com/group/livinggodsword  Baby Sign  www.cafemom.com/group/signing Not circumcised www.cafemom.com/group/notcirc 

karlyflower
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I am not an expert, but I would go ahead and try what the nurse suggested. I hope he feels better soon!!

lovellskt
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I would stick with breastmilk.

Take Care and God bless, Kristen Lovell Distributor, Juice Plus+ The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you. It's that they are so good for you they could save your life. By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20, 2003 www.staythecourse4health.com
alalsip
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:27 AM

I would stick to BM...  If it is the same thing my daughter had, she got sick for three or four nights, just once a day.  Then didn't eat or drink much for four days.  After that, it was selective.  Now, a week and a half later, she eats anything we put in front of her.

Quoting lovellskt:

I would stick with breastmilk.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker 

Come and join us at 2007 and 2008 Breastfeeding Babies 

Admin to Due in October 2008

dillertwins08
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2009 at 9:43 AM

I would stick with the breastmilk. Maybe try some catnip and fennel that is claming for the stomach and safe for the baby. Just give 3 drops in a little bit of water and then just give it in a dropper. Just monitor the wet diapers... i think 4 is the min.? But breastmilk is def. the best thing for your baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)