Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acid Reflux

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

Hi everyone my husband has suffered from acid reflux for a while now. His mom is really into natural healing and has given him tons of natural ways to cure it. So far none of them have worked. I was just wondering if there is any thing any of you have tried that worked for you.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I would like to know too.  My husband has severe acid reflux and gerd

God, brilliant Lord, yours is a household name. Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you; toddlers shout the songs That drown out enemy talk, and silence atheist babble. Psalm 8:1-2 Psalms 139.  you are fearfully and wonderfully made.           

Living God's Word http://www.cafemom.com/group/livinggodsword  Baby Sign  www.cafemom.com/group/signing Not circumcised www.cafemom.com/group/notcirc 

Precious333
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I do know however that aloe juice is suppose to heal the esophegus (sp?) but my husband is stubborn and won't take it because he doesn't like the taste

God, brilliant Lord, yours is a household name. Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you; toddlers shout the songs That drown out enemy talk, and silence atheist babble. Psalm 8:1-2 Psalms 139.  you are fearfully and wonderfully made.           

Living God's Word http://www.cafemom.com/group/livinggodsword  Baby Sign  www.cafemom.com/group/signing Not circumcised www.cafemom.com/group/notcirc 

karlyflower
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:21 PM

My dad says he used Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg's brand was good) and it cured his acid reflux. I think it was something like a couple tablespoons of ACV in his water morning and night but I'm not sure. I'm sure you can find some info on it if you look it up online. He also said he ate red delicious apples and that helped a little. It also helps to avoid processed, fatty, and spicy foods. Good luck!!

Oh one more thing, my dad said when he was researching about Apple Cider Vinegar he read that ACV will help most people, but if it does not, then honey may work.

amyw.
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM

With acid reflux one of the most important things is to look at your diet and possibly make changes.  A lot of times (not all the time) the person is eating things like sugar, too many refined foods, or foods that they may not have an allergy to but maybe a sensitivity.  The other thing is that usually people with reflux don't have enough acid (which is exactly opposite of what most doctors would tell you) if you take antacids is shuts down acid production in the digestive system.  This is not going to be a help long term, it will actually make the problem worse.  I totally agree with the apple cider vinegar suggestion.  Just be sure it's a high quality brand with the mother, I think the pp suggested Bragg and that's what I used also.  We mix the vinegar with raw, unfiltered honey and even give it to my 2 yo daughter too.  Vinegar and honey do more than just help with acid reflux, it helps the body fight bacteria and virus and so much more.  You can even give it to animals to help keep them healthy :)

If you are interested in a good book on the subject of vinegar and health check out Arthritis and Folk Medicine by Dr. Jarvis.  It's an old book but very interesting.

" The next major advance in the health of the American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself."- John Knowles

alalsip
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Have you tried going to the Chiropractor?  That is what helped us.  My son had acid reflux and was on medication.  He started going to the chiropractor and within a week he was off his medication and very happy.  We do not go to a "bone crunching" chiro, we found one that uses gental manipulation.  Just a thought:)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker 

Come and join us at 2007 and 2008 Breastfeeding Babies 

Admin to Due in October 2008

dillertwins08
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I would try digestive enzymes with every meal they help break down the food and add natural acid to your stomach. Like some one said before acid reflux is actually a lack of acid in your stomach. Also slippery elm is good for calming the stomach. I used catnip and fennel with my son when he had acid reflux that may also be an option.  Have you considered going to a naturopath? I have had various stomach issues for years now and it is caused by a systemic yeast infection... maybe that is linked to the acid reflux? These are just a few ideas. I hope something works for your dh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)