Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no health insurance and my son has a temp

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

my son Damien is 2 1/2 and has a temperature of 101 today.  We currently have no health insurance (hopefully we'll get it next month).  He had a bad fever (104) about a monmth ago due to an ear/throat infection and my doc gave him antibiotics for it. That was his second ear infection and he tends to get wax build up so she was recommending me to clean out his ears every 3 weeks. I have been doing that aliong with giving him vitamins and probiotics to buist back up his immune system.  So, I don't know what the fever is from. It could be an ear infection like before but he hasn't been complaining about his ear.  It could be a virus, or another infection of some sort. He has had diahrea on and off since thursday and so have I. I was thinking it was from something we ate, but now I'm second guessing it. Also, he said his tummy hurt when I put some pressure on it and he didn't want dinner tonight.  But at the same time he has been acting ok. He has been playing and jumping around... even though I encourage him to rest, and then the next minute he's upset and cuddling with me.  So, if anyone has any suggestions on what to do about it if the fever persists. I gave him tylonel tonight because I know the fever will raise when he's sleeping and I don't want to rush him to the bathroom to give him a cold bath again (thats what I had to do last time). 

Julia: wife of Drew, christian, pro-life, homebirthing, AP mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09  Isaiah 66:10-13

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KangaT
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:42 AM

I'm concerned that his tummy hurt when you put pressure on it.  I know you don't have health insurance but I would take him to see a doctor.  It could be something serious.

Precious333
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Quoting KangaT:

I'm concerned that his tummy hurt when you put pressure on it.  I know you don't have health insurance but I would take him to see a doctor.  It could be something serious.

yeah at first I was really concerned about that too, and then we came home and I got this really bad cramp, it turned out to be gas. I think we may all have a stomach virus or something. I don't have a fever, but I have had stomach problems too.  I just took his temp this morning and it went down.a bit. Do you think I should still call the doctor?

Julia: wife of Drew, christian, pro-life, homebirthing, AP mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09  Isaiah 66:10-13

CupOTea
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Any swelling in the lymph nodes?

shoutingUse Coupon Code PEP624 at iherb.com to save $5 off 1st purchase!

Precious333
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Quoting CupOTea:

Any swelling in the lymph nodes?

actually he's fine now. no more temp or complaining of anything hurting. 

confused969
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Glad he is feeling better.  Almost all the time viruses etc. will go away in a few days but I know how it is-you get worried especially when they are that young. 

futurmil2b
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Glad to hear your baby is feeling better - are you feeling better as well?  The probiotics may have helped. 

Joann - Nutrition Coach

Natrual Herbal Products may help with Anxiety, Weigh Loss, Women's Health, Cleansing

www.mynsp.com/healthlink

Precious333
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Quoting futurmil2b:

Glad to hear your baby is feeling better - are you feeling better as well?  The probiotics may have helped. 

Joann - Nutrition

actually I think I got an infection or something in the intestines I guess. Ihave been taking probiotics and vitamin c and just hoping that I get better soon.

shell12
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I have 2 boys that  had chronic ear infections and were one ear infection/strep throat away from having their tonsils removed. They were almost 2 and 3 at the time. I was introduced to an amazing product that is has natural antibiotic properties as well as anti-microbial, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties. So, we started taking the product and we have not been back to the doctor's office for any ear infections/ strep throat issues anything since. My boys are now 5 and 6. We take the product every day and our bodies are healthier and we are able to stay healthy too.

I would like to share this information with you to see if it is something you would be interested in. Please visit my website at www.ahealthyimage.com/michelle . There is no obligations here. I am just trying to share with others what I have experienced and if it is a fit for you , we can talk later.

Thanks, and good luck

Michelle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)