• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm getting nervous

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

We are approaching three weeks since we had the blood draw for the FXS test.  Even though I have sort of resolved in my mind that this is officially what's going on with my son,  I'm nervous about getting an official dx.  I think I've got sort of an irrational thought process going on in the back of my mind, that if he gets this dx, there is a sort of certainty about what he can/cannot do in his lifetime.  But if FXS isn't the dx, then there is still hope that it's something that he can totally overcome.  Like I said, irrational.   Were any of you nervous about getting the dx, or were you glad to have an answer?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sunshine5705
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Dx or not he IS still CAPABLE of overcoming the obstacles he is faced with, he just might not do things the same as everyone else. Never underestimate, I am guilty of that ALOT! Good luck, please keep up posted.

BethanyMom toJeremyWilliamJames

FXmomTo3
by Group Admin on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:25 PM

you are right - irrational - lol, but I'm sure we've all felt that way...and the longer it takes to get the results the more irrational thoughts will go through your head....you will learn this on your own...your child will teach you...like sunshine said...don't place limits!  your child will surprise and amaze you daily !   try everything...its our job to find our children's niches!!!   after nine years, I've finally discovered something that really gives my oldest girl confidence...and something she enjoys...yoga!  and I'm convinced with all her drama that we might see her on stage in the future!

SteeleMommasita
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I didn't know they were testing for fragile x with my son so I was spared that feeling...hallelujah.  because with my daughter I did know.  I went nuts!!  It didn't help that I was pregnant so I didn't know if my baby was a boy or a girl.  Everything that you are feeling is perfectly normal and okay.  If it helps write it out that you know that a dx doesn't end his world.  Writing is so powerful and so is reading it out loud to yourself too. 

hugs 

mom to 2 fraggles ~ Mathieu (12) and Koresha (10)
both have full FX mutation
and full-time mom to Brittani (16) and Curtis (14) -stepkids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)