Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's not FXS

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 284 Total Views

The doctor called and left a message while I was out shopping (I really wish she would have called my cell phone so I could speak to her), and said that all of the test results came back fine.   I assumed by fine that she meant there was no sign of FXS.  I called her back and left a voice mail for her, but it might be a couple of days before she returns my call.

So,  a small part of me is relieved, but there's a bigger part of me that is frustrated because now we're back at square one.  No one has any idea about why my son is delayed, or exibits the behaviors that he does. 

Thank you for letting me "hang out" here with you,  I wish you & your children the best.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SteeleMommasita
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM

congrats on one good test.  Good luck with finding a dx...I know the frustration...I think we all do.  If you ever find out what it is please let us know :).

mom to 2 fraggles ~ Mathieu (12) and Koresha (10)
both have full FX mutation
and full-time mom to Brittani (16) and Curtis (14) -stepkids

Japop
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I know this is mixed news for you.  It is great that your child is not affected with Fragile X, however, what is going on?  Your situation is frustrating and to be honest, you may never have an answer.  The key is to carry on, get your child evaluated and move forward to address his issues in a way that works for you and your family. 

Good luck and keep on loving your little one!

Japop
FXmomTo3
by Group Admin on Jan. 29, 2009 at 9:15 AM

That is a mixed bag of news isn't it!  I'm happy for you and your family that the test was fine, but I'm sorry you still don't have answers.   I wish you the best of luck in finding them.  I enjoyed "meeting" you !  We're still always here...no matter what your child ends up having, we're still going through similar stuff !  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)