Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trevors story

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

My son Trevor is 10 yrs old on a kindergarden to first grade level in school. I knew when he was about a week old he was delayed, DH thought I was nutts but call it mothers instinct I guess, I was right, all his motor skills were delayed he walked at 23 months. I intervened right away he had MRI"s they thought he had demyelinization thats where there is either thin myle or no myle on the brain but thank god that was ruled out, anyway I"ll try to keep this as short as possible, he was diagnosed at age 4 with Mild mental retardation. After coming across this group an reading up on fragile X I dont know if he was tested for that but I"m going to find out. I couldnt believe some of the characteristics that were described that fit Trevor, like noises that bother him, he hates weird sounds like me rummaging through my purse, or his older brother chewing, he will go in his room and shut the door!! He hates a change in routine and is terrified of fire drills at school and stuff like that, he is due for his yearly evaluation with multiple docs I will be sure they test for this.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Japop
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Well, good luck with his evaluations.  I know we all want answers to the why's of our children.  Fragile X is our answer and it is mixed. 

Keep us informed!  Jen

Japop
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)