Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hello.. moving to ft knox in august

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:06 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 660 Total Views

so my name is erin and im 24 years old and have a daughter that will be one on february 28th.. i will be moving to fort knox in august and figure i can start talking to moms on here so i can hopefully make some friends...

i am currently stationed at schofield barracks in hawaii.. i am from hawaii so...

but im looking to make any friends willing to talk to me...

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katirae01
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Hi my name is Kati and our family just moved here to ft knox in Oct. 08.  I don't know very many people here on post.  But I know a very few from the church we go to.  We have 2 boys Jacob whois 10 and John who is 3 1/2.  Hawaii huh?  I have been telling hubby that he needs to get stationed over there.  But we still have at least 21/2-3 yrs left here.  If you have never been in this area before, make sure you have plenty of winter clothes because it gets COLD here.  I personally can't stand the cold, thats why I wanna go to Hawaii.  :0)  Anyway, good luck on finding more friends on here,  I haven't found very many myself.  The group is pretty dead most of the time.  Talk to ya later. 

Hopefully if you have any questions I can help here. 

rocknrollgirl70
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:12 PM

hawaii is not a very fun place to live.. it gewtsboring after awhile.. and our winters here are rain rain and more rain.... but it is nice to be here....

Mrs.Beyer1921
by Member on Jan. 11, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Hi....My name is stacey..i will be moving to knox in march.I also have a daughter.she wil be one feb 14th....its nice to meet you

rocknrollgirl70
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM

well nice to meet you ladies.. i notice no one ever comes on here.. wonder why??

katirae01
by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I'm not sure why.  I have it on my groups shortcuts and check it just about every day.  It would be nice if it was real active.

michelle623
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 5:10 AM

I just wanted to say hello. My family and I will be moving to Ft. Knox sometime this summer after our older 2 girls get finished with school. We'rewave stationed in Germany right now for the 3rd time. 

Wrightswife24
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Hello, my name is Rachel we are moving to Knox in the beginning of August..... Im excited b/c we are from Indiana so we will be so much closer than we are here in Alabama.. I have 3 boys they are 6,4, and 15 months... Hope to get to meet some of you guys.. Seems like there are alot of people just moving there.

michelle623
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Hi :) We're excited about going to Ft. Knox since we're from Illinois. My dh had orders for Ft. Lewis, but they got deleted. We have 3 girls - ages 16, 10, and 4 years old. Are you planning on living on or off post? We're going to live on post.Hope to get to know you better!

Quoting Wrightswife24:

Hello, my name is Rachel we are moving to Knox in the beginning of August..... Im excited b/c we are from Indiana so we will be so much closer than we are here in Alabama.. I have 3 boys they are 6,4, and 15 months... Hope to get to meet some of you guys.. Seems like there are alot of people just moving there.

Wrightswife24
by Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 10:07 AM

We will be living on post we have lived on post at every other post so and I really like it.. So where are you from in Illinois?? I used to live in Glendale Heights when I was little for a while. When are getting to Knox? What does your hubby do?

Quoting michelle623:

Hi :) We're excited about going to Ft. Knox since we're from Illinois. My dh had orders for Ft. Lewis, but they got deleted. We have 3 girls - ages 16, 10, and 4 years old. Are you planning on living on or off post? We're going to live on post.Hope to get to know you better!

Quoting Wrightswife24:

michelle623
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I'm from Peoria and dh is from a small town 45 miles away from there. All I know is that we'll be there sometime this summer. My dh's report date is in August, but they also have him scheduled for a school at the same time lol. We're waiting for the report date to get changed to an earlier date in the summer. My dh is a MP. What does your dh do?

Quoting Wrightswife24:

We will be living on post we have lived on post at every other post so and I really like it.. So where are you from in Illinois?? I used to live in Glendale Heights when I was little for a while. When are getting to Knox? What does your hubby do?

Quoting michelle623:

Quoting Wrightswife24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)