Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soldier in BCT- I'm clueless- help!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:16 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

Hello, please help! My fiance is in BCT at Ft Knox, going to be a Cavalry Scout. I'm so clueless on whats going on, what he can or cant do, when or whether he can call. He called once, about a week and a half ago, he got to talk for about 15 seconds. Hes written about 5 letters so far.
I've heard so many stories, dont send too much, dont send too little, dont send on pretty paper, dont send bad photos, this and that....what will get him in trouble and what wont?? Ive also heard not to tell him anything bad, itll only make him worry... well heres my situation:

I <thought> i had to be out of our house in July, but 2 weeks ago i got a notice that my landlord needs the house back (getting a divorce), so shes booting me and my 2 year old in the dead of winter. Logan would be sooo worried, i'm not sure whether to tell him or not. I have no choice but to buy a house, im worried that the waiting list for military housing will be too long, and i dont want to rent that long. And also, by the time we got a house, im sure he'll get deployed by then, and i dont want to be somewhere unknown, so i'd want to live near family. I'm just sooo CLUELESS!!! On top of missing him like crazy and crying all the time, caring for a 2 year old, needing to move out in less than 30 days, and working- i'm going crazy! Advice? Help?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Heavnzshnyprl
by New Member on May. 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM

First things first hon. Dont take any of this the wrong way but you have got to relax and breathe....He is just in BCT... Not iraq yet....itsonly for a few months so you are going to be ok.  I would reccomend do not buy a house, find a place you can rent on a monthly basis or go to a local base's ACS...army community service building, And ask for advice. You can write your letters on any paper or with any pen you want ,but no sexual pics. and no packages unless your soldier says you can. be open and honest with him about everything at home. The military is a process and everything is hurry up and wait. Housing on most bases is pretty good. I dont know if your married to him or not if not, then I am not sure if  the military can give you housing ...i dont know... but if you are married the miltary can provide temporary housing until something comes available on base. My husbands job is to work with BCT soldiers everyday...so all will be well and think very carefully before you buy a house in this market with not knowing where the military will have you. More than once we were supposed to be at a location for at least 2-3 years and we were gone after a year. I hope this helped. So remember be honest with him  but if your man is going to be military you have to pull it together because crying everyday is not going to help your son and being seperated and very long hours is the way your mans life is going to be. That is the sacrifice us women make.

baby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)