Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Issues outside of bowels....?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:53 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 435 Total Views

I am new here, but not to Crohns...I will post my story soon, but in the meantime I am curious about how this has affected you outside of the obvious bowel issues.

Do any of you have Crohn's associated arthritis, sacroiliitis, uveitis, cellulitis, vaginal/rectal fistulas etc...

I have been having alot of issues outside of bowel issues and wonder who else does and what you do about them!

MAX the Dog!

Oh to have a dog's life!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Good question, I have a lot of pain in my knees and my hip (although I did have a previous injury in my hip area). I have had to have my gallbladder and my right kidney removed due to problems that I believe are because of my crohn's. Also I have had an anal fissure for about 7-8 years now, eek tmi probably...

by New Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:03 PM

I too have had lots of problems with my joints. It started out with my knees. I had to have them both operated on. The one was aggrivated due to a work injury though.  My hips are now hurting too more so the one then the other.  I also have a sore shoulder.  Some days I want to scream at crohns.  I ache and creak when the weather gets really cold too. I am only 28 too so that makes me ache even more!! LOL!!! I also get fisulas too. Those are no fun!!

by New Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM

So here is a list of some things outside of poo that I either currently have or have in the past.

Pyoderna gangrenosum (skin issue like vasculitis sort of) this is kind of what led to my crohns diagnoses. Dermatologist asked if I had crohns....weird....diagnosed about a year later!

Vasculitis/Cellulitis twice

nodular scleritis (eyes) twice

gall bladder removed (unsure if related to crohns)

arthritic type pain in my left wrist, foot, hip, shoulder off and on

sacroiliitis in left hip-(xray says not crohns related, but I don't buy it)

now I think I have an anal fistula, but not sure...scared to go find out!!!

mild lactose intolerance

and likely more I can;t think of now.

MAX the Dog!

Oh to have a dog's life!

by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 5:14 AM

my daughter is the one with the crohn's disease and she just got out of the hospital on monday for an abscess in her anus. she had to have surgery. while in there he said he saw numerous fistula's that he believes caused the abscess. it had curved around into her vagina so she was having a lot of pain and burning in that area as well. this is her 3rd hospitalization and she was just diagnosed with crohn's in May. she will be 16 on the 14th of January.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Hey!  I have a lot of ailments... I also have Celiac Disease as well so some of them can be contributed to that as well!

I had an anal fissure, went into have surgery and found a huge abscess (lol and they thought I was just being a wuss) and that I was septic!  I still have a small fissure, but it's not as bad. 

I also have a lack of enamel on my teeth.... some people say it's either or disease.  Either way, I am prone to cavities... and now I'm getting some minor mouth sores that are supposedly related to Crohn's.

Aches/Pain in my lower back, kidney area and legs.   *Shrugs*

After the hosptial stay last April, I'm just happy to be alive!

by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I have a 17 month old on my lap so I'm not sure how much I can write.   I have a WHOLE LIST of medical problems and as of right now, I'm starting to think that they're all related to Crohn's.    My big issue is that I've been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia (think chronic pain issues).   I'm trying to get things stabilized around here so that I can get in to see the gastro and see how we can proceed with treatment.   I'm seriously considering trying Remicade since it also treats the arthritis-like symptoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)