Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Promoting the group.

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2009 at 6:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

Hey Ladies,

I'd love to see this group grow, if you know others who'd benefit or enjoy the group pls feel free to invite them to check us out! Or if you have other ideas on how to get our group to grow I'd love to hear them!

Jessica

Loving Wife of SSG McDowell

Love hip fashion? Want to find it for less along with some great tips?

Visit: http://www.budgetfashionreport.com/author/Jessica.aspx

by on Mar. 18, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pennagal
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

This is not exactly what you asked for but, I think we need easier access -- more information with less work.

The way CafeMom is set up you have to find your group. Then select a thread, then select a post within the thread and then open it.  And there is no way to scroll back and forth between related posts. In this regard it puts anyone trying to get a social exchange going at a tremendous disadvantage when compared to, say, Facebook, where you can view all the related posts with one click. Facebook also sends you as an email each new entry so you can follow them without ever logging back onto Facebook unless you want to add your two cents.

I am also on a couple of forums on LinkedIn and these send me a daily "digest" of comments with a link to go to the discussion board to see the whole discussion. Granted this is a very professionally oriented exchange, a very different kind of social networking, but I have had some very interesting exchanges, in private, with someone who left a public post as well as been part of a discussion that unfolded over several days because all the related information was gathered together.

The point that I am making as that the set up of these social networking sites reaches out and does the promoting for you. At least they promote the individual discussions. I do get some messages from CafeMom and, if I have gotten any about Freelance Writing lately, I may have overlooked them because this is a busy time of year. But since I follow a number of freelance job lists there is a lot to do and the only guarantee of regular attenance is usable job leads.

We have many levels of writers on this list and I am sure that we could learn from one anoher but interacting is just not as easy as it is on other social networking sites.

ArmyWifeMomma
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I tend to agree myself. I rarely get to cafemom these days and it is not as user friendly as some other sites.

Thank you for your input!

Jessica

Loving Wife of SSG McDowell

theveryboredone
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I will spread the word whenever appropriate :)

http://www.alyssa-ast.vpweb.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)