Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of this story?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2008 at 2:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 481 Total Views

Disclaimer: I am glad that the Rojos boy is alive and well (even if he is in foster care).  The article is about him, but something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

It isn't that I agree with everything Bush does.  Yes, I voted for him the second time (so I get the right to complain because I voted - if you didn't vote at all...you have no right to complain).  

I just want to know what we are doing backing the Colombian military when Chavez called our President a pig.  Not that I am saying "an eye for an eye" would be right for this situation...."Well you called me a name so let me take away my help."  I am just thinking - don't bite the hand that feeds you...

PRACTiCAL CHiCK

Usborne Books at Home
Independent Consultant

The new titles for 2008 are now on the website! Need extra income? Free books? Check it out by clicking here!

by on Jan. 4, 2008 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HERESCUEDME
by on Jan. 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM
Wow...
I was talking to my husband about the war and stuff going on...I said our country needs help and they are over there in Iraq...what's up? Maybe I'm out of touch too much in politics...of course, he says...the OIL honey....if we push away all the others, it will affect the USA...oh I get it now.... We help others..that's it and then we get what we want and need. As for us in the USA already...well, we are all being governed and someone knows everything. Soon the distinction between rich and poor will be stamped with acknowledgment....also last year, Bush signed the agreement that in May of 08, the New National ID card would go into affect...hmph...what do you know....
I'm learning alot little by little...thanks to him..he keeps up with all this..

practicalchick
by on Jan. 5, 2008 at 6:04 PM
The thing is that we get most of our oil from Venenzuela...so the whole "oil in Iraq" thing doesn't mean as much to US as we would like to think it does...

PRACTiCAL CHiCK

Usborne Books at Home
Independent Consultant

The new titles for 2008 are now on the website! Need extra income? Free books? Check it out by clicking here!

HERESCUEDME
by on Jan. 5, 2008 at 7:02 PM
Did you know that Iraq is where the Euphrates River flows through which is the river that flowed through the Garden of Eden, and it is also where many will be killed according the the prophecy of the biblestating that 1/3 of mankind will die...seriously..I'm not just making it up...it's amazing when you study it.
....www.endtime.com...
Iraq is in the Bible for sure....it's amazing, so Iraq has to do with something and it all ties together for a reason...

:))) God bless..
practicalchick
by on Jan. 6, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Yep - I did know that one!  LOL 

PRACTiCAL CHiCK

Usborne Books at Home
Independent Consultant

lit_candle
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Quoting practicalchick:

The thing is that we get most of our oil from Venenzuela...so the whole "oil in Iraq" thing doesn't mean as much to US as we would like to think it does...

Although I agree that Iraq doesn't provide much of the oil imported by the US (5%).  Venezuela only provides 10% of our imported oil.

By comparison, Canada (18%) and Mexico (15%) contributions. 

But nearly 20% of our oil does come from the Persian Gulf region. I think it's short-sighted to believe that our foreign policy decisions aren't swayed, at least partly, by that fact. 

Dept. of Energy (Energy Administration Statistics). (www.eia.doe.gov)
practicalchick
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Of course they are swayed by that fact.  I think, though, what would help is if the big boys here in the country (Shell, ConocoPhillips, etc) would give up a couple of billion dollars in profit...and yes their profits are in the high billions.  That would bring gas down or they could use some of those billions to build more refineries.  What do you think?
Quoting lit_candle:

Quoting practicalchick:

Although I agree that Iraq doesn't provide much of the oil imported by the US (5%). Venezuela only provides 10% of our imported oil.

By comparison, Canada (18%) and Mexico (15%) contributions.

But nearly 20% of our oil does come from the Persian Gulf region. I think it's short-sighted to believe that our foreign policy decisions aren't swayed, at least partly, by that fact.

Dept. of Energy (Energy Administration Statistics). (www.eia.doe.gov)

PRACTiCAL CHiCK

Usborne Books at Home
Independent Consultant

Did you know that Jan. 19 - 20 is Eagle Awareness day? You can get the Usborne Books of Birds for $8.95! Usborne Books is supported by Sonlight Homeschooling Curriculum!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)