Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to vent (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 3:48 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 417 Total Views
Had a situation at work yesterday that is still bothering me.  I am president of a work related group.  The vice president is stepping all over my job duties and yesterday blew up at me in email for checking something out that I was not sure about.  I mean this 30 year old man threw a tantrum in emails lasting about 30 minutes!  I was so blindsided I was livid!

For one, he doesn't know me well enough to have talked to me the way he did...secondly, I am the one ultimately responsible, so if I wanted to double check on the issue, what's the harm?

He stated it was because I didn't trust him....he kept trying to make it a personal issue, but I kept it very professional and politically correct.  I am not one to back down and I don't scare easily so I made sure I responded with each new increase of his tantrum even more professionally. 

It would be like (face to face) - holding one's breath first, when that doesn't work, stomping feet, then throwing hisself on the floor....

Anyway....he finally backed down and came to my office to talk, but here today I am still seathing.  I usually let things roll, but this was over the limit to me....He always says "if I do anything wrong or cross the line, just tell me"...but when I tried, he blew a gasket...Oy vey!

This commitment I signed on for is a year!  God help me, I hope he and I can last that long....

"That's all I have to say about that"
~ Forrest Gump ~

Cycle Girlie

by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
practicalchick
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 11:07 AM
Use collaborative techniques with him.  Pretty obvious that he is a competitive person.  Keep the topic separate from relationship when it comes to the argument or conflict.

You can do this.

I nominated one of the OUPD for the staff merit award.
cycle_girlie
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Thanks!  It is still bothering me today!  I know I will run into him tomorrow too....

See, it's kind of difficult to explain, but i'll give it a try...I am over him/the staff and all the providers at the medical facility where we work.  I get to tell them what is right and wrong.  This group is work related, but not part of work...after hours thing....but I am in a compliance position and I am 'compliance" 24 - 7 -365...so I take this stuff very seriously.  To me, this is an extention of business...

But to him, he feels this is personal and not work related.  Still, he does not know me well enough to talk to me like he did.  In fact, its not the issue that made me mad, it's the way he took it to a higher level so quickly and pig-headedly....

anyway...kewl on nominating a OUPD....

"That's all I have to say about that"
~ Forrest Gump ~

Cycle Girlie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)