Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introductions on this thread

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 9:14 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 965 Total Views
Feel free to introduce yourself.  I'll be back later to introduce myself.

- PRACTiCAL CHiCK

Group Owner of Analytical Mamas United

http://www.cafemom.com/group/AMU

by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cycle_girlie
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 8:40 PM
Howdy ya'll....I work full time outside of the home.  I am a medical auditor and am responsible for 200+ providers at a teaching hospital. 

I have been married to my dh since 1984.  He joined the military shortly after we married and we moved away from where we grew up.  Just been the 3 of us for ever.  We have had our ups and downs, but are still together.

I have one son who is now on his own, in the military and lives at the Air Force base 20 minutes from me.  This is quite a different dimention for me now.

I love animals and have 4 dogs, 4 cats, and 2 fish.

I have a crappy mother in law and father in law...that is a VERY long story.  Haven't physcially saw them since 2000 and that's fine with me.

That's about all....Next!

Cycle Girlie
practicalchick
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 9:34 PM
I'm your ultra-loving and uber-conservative (yall should enjoy that LOL) group mommy.

I'm turning 29 in two months.  I'm married and a mom to three boys that are 9, 9 (ss), and 6.  My ss has ADD and ODD.  We also have two dogs and two cats.

I work for a state university in the career services office (yes I can help you with your resume and no I will not help you for free - sorry, but if I say it is free then I'll be up to  my eyelids in resumes).

I am currently a student at Kaplan University.  I am pursuing my BS in Paralegal studies, but thinking of changing universities so I can change to a major that they don't offer (psychology).  My eventual goal is a Masters.

I am pretty easy going.  My favorite suspense author is Lisa Gardner and I also own all the books in the Hannibal series.  I also like to play around in Photoshop CS2 and I am a published author (mostly articles, but I do have one book).

That's pretty much it; what you see is what you get (lucky you!!).

- PRACTiCAL CHiCK

cycle_girlie
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 9:53 PM

Knock me over with a feather...a published author??  You go girl!!
CG

practicalchick
by on Jul. 13, 2007 at 2:19 PM
Yep.  You can find my articles on associatedcontent.com (just search for either robin christian or practical chick) and my book is on lulu.com (http://www.lulu.com/sisterrobin).

I am getting ready to start another series of articles.

- PRACTiCAL CHiCK

gingin56
by on Aug. 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM

I'm a seasoned and mature woman who has been raising a neighbor's child for nearly 10 years.  Efforts at adoption have been repeatedly blocked. 
I remain hopeful.

I'm a part time educator, full time friend and mom.

look fowrad to sharing "space" with you.

practicalchick
by on Aug. 11, 2007 at 3:42 PM
Welcome, Gingin!  At least you know (as we do) that it isn't what's in a name or a piece of paper that makes a parent.  I applaud you!

- PRACTiCAL CHiCK

WARNING: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

vonnie1099
by on Aug. 14, 2007 at 5:25 PM
i am a mom of 4 girls been married 19 years love the hubby
work outside my home
and am a non judgemental caring female
i also have 3 cats, 2 dogs and 2 birds

Vonnie

practicalchick
by on Aug. 14, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Vonnie I love your Happy Bunny.  I might replace Cookie Monster with him.  LOL

Welcome to the group.  I work outside the home and I know that at least two fo my "regular gals" do, too.  So you don't have to expect any flack about that (opinions are open here, but personal attacks are not so don't worry - not that I think anyone here would do it...but just to reassure you!)

I have all boys so I don't know nothing about girls (well other than the fact that I am one).  I am supposed to start a girls' ministry for my church (kind of like a mix between Girl Scouts and Awana, but think Apostolic Pentecostal) in December.  I am working on curriculum now (well supposed to be LOL). 

ANYWAY - Welcome to our spot.  Kick back, relax and discuss...

- PRACTiCAL CHiCK

WARNING: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

cthumma
by on Dec. 1, 2007 at 11:39 AM
I am Carol. I have 4 children and a step son so I always say 5. He is a part of this family. My Son is 22, My Step son is 21, and my girls are 19,14, & 13. I also have a whole bunch of "adopted" children. Our house is always buzzing with extra kids. And I love it that way.  My husband is an over the road truck driver hauling John Deere (is there any other kind) equipment. I work part time out of the home. I work in health care.  Well it is suppose to be part time but.... well.... I also home school my 2 youngest girls. Jared my step son is currently serving in Iraq. My son Tony lives 2 blocks from me with his girlfriend and her 2 year old daughter. So it is most of the  time just me and the 3 girls here. Tricia is the oldest daughter. She works at the hospital here. She does reception work. She is also in a band called consumed. www.consumedband.com Allie (14) & Stephanie (13) are growing up too fast. lol.
I also have a very mean dog. lol he is a little mutt but he does not like people.
And the most important thing.... I am apostolic pentecostal. I Love Jesus with my whole heart. He picked me up and turned me around. He saved me, cleansed me, and made me new. I am so glad I am serving a God that never changes. He is my rock and my salvation. Thank you Jesus. We attend Fresh Anointing Apostolic Church. www.freshanointingupc.org  . I love my church it is my home. If I am not here I am at church... which is most of the time. I love the word of God, I love to pray, and I love to sing. He puts a new song in my heart.

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Have a Blessed and Very Merry Christmas.

Love to You in Jesus name.

practicalchick
by on Dec. 1, 2007 at 3:59 PM
Welcome to the group!!  We are happy to have you here.  You are right - step children are just as much a part of the family as biological children.

PRACTiCAL CHiCK

I am having a HUGE clearance sale! Just click here and then enter the bookstore and look on the left for the clearance bin! Books as low as .89 cents!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)