Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe not newsworthy, but OMG worthy!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:05 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 247 Total Views
I've spent the last 3 days running the 2nd grade unit at a Girl Scout day camp. While lining up with our girls at flag ceremony on Thursday morning, I noticed a child in the 3rd grade unit. She was a cute little girl, with blonde hair and big blue eyes, but thats not what made me notice her.

What made me notice? The Tshirt she was wearing: Black, with white lettering, which said "BLONDES DO IT BETTER".

Personally, I think thats WRONG. I dont care if they MEANT for it to refer to sports or music or art or anything else the mother may use for an excuse. The innuendo behind that is unacceptable on a CHILD's Tshirt!

Am I overreacting and being old fashioned here?
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cycle_girlie
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:00 PM
I agree...I think there is way too much sexual inuendos in every aspect of our lives.  I know some adults that thinks it's cute...hahaha - NOT!

I think that children in this day and age with all the media, internet, and such are growing up way too fast for their own good.

Cycle Girlie
practicalchick
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:10 PM
No you aren't.  I agree with you 100000000%.  Children are oversexualized as it is; it just sickens me when parents let their kids where stuff like that.

It makes me GLAD that I don't have a daughter.  OMG worthy and discussion worthy is right!!

- PRACTiCAL CHiCK

Group Owner of Analytical Mamas United

http://www.cafemom.com/group/AMU

busybea
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 4:46 PM

I am so glad to find out I am not the only one that doesn't like to see little girls wear clothes that have sexual innuendos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)