Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RN boards...

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 4:46 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 400 Total Views
I'm due to take them on March 26th!   Any suggestions?   I'm really nervous!
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bhwrn1
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:03 PM
First of all, RELAX! If you go in all crazy, it just makes it worse! Don't focus on how many questions you've had, just answer them and move on. Don't worry about questions you think you got wrong, just move on. Don't drink too much before hand, so you don't have to go to the bathroom (just another thing to think about). Review your basic nursing, those things are key to answering many questions which you may not even know the answer to!
After you're done, take yourself out for a treat! You deserve it!
bits78
by Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2007 at 7:47 AM
Yes relax.  make sure the night before boards you rent a movie or do something relaxing just don't study.  I did go to www.learningext.com you can buy a program from them to help study.  They are the people that create NCLEX.  You can buy their review program it comes in like 5week, 8 week programs or more.  It is the same program you just get more time on it depending on how many weeks you buy.  You have access to the program for 24 hours a day during the time you buy it.  The clock starts ticking though from the minute you pay for it.  You can access it as many times as you want through out the day also.   Lastly don't let the questions on any review test or nclex scare you. 
Oh I thought of some more tips.  I have heard that on nclex when you start getting into more in depth diseases-ones that you may have never heard of that you are suppose to be at a high level.   Also remember your last question because if you look it up and you passed it then you passed nclex- with the exception of taking the minimum number of questions on nclex if you take only 75 questions which is the minimum then technically you could get the last question wrong and still have passed nclex- the reason for this is because you have to take a minimum of 75 questions even if you achieved passing before 75 questions were attained.
chels210
by Member on Feb. 26, 2007 at 4:31 PM
Thanks a lot!   It really has me stressed to the point I was getting chest pains!  I didn't pass some tests in school, but I passed all the classes, and I know some that had to retake classes who still passed with 75 questions.   I increased my anxiety medication (I was on an SSRI) and now I'm getting more confident in my self.   I still need some pointers if anyone has them!
littlekaaz
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2007 at 8:13 PM

First thing, do not get over stressed when you see others getting up.  If you feel your heart racing, then stop for a minute, calm yourself down, and refocus. This will help, believe me!!

Like the others stated, do not worry about the number of questions that you have--just keep on going.  Our instructors told us: "Expect to have the full amount, do not tell yourself that you are going to have 75 questions, and when you see that you are to 100, you have just messed up your concentration."

If you can, go with someone!  That way you do not have to be alone after you are done. I was alone, and it was so hard for me to cry by myself!  I thought for sure I failed, and I felt so stupid afterward--this is normal I guess!!!! 

The key point is relax.  You made it through Nursing School, you know all the material--you will pass!! 

Good luck, and Let us know when you pass!!!!!!

twinmomrn2
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2007 at 9:13 PM
I agree you need to relax first, I took a prep course that I feel helped and studied my weak areas....Like they said, you passed nursing school, you have the information in your head, just trust yourself and GO FOR IT!
momtocam
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 9:47 PM
I took the kaplan review course and thought it really helped.  I basically studied by using the computer test software that came with the book.  Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)