Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm almost there.... so nervous!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 428 Total Views

I've completed all my pre reqs and I've been accepted into the program that starts in January of 2011... I'm SUPER DUPER nervous. I've heard horror stories....will I be able to do this with 2 children under the age of  5? My orientation is in August and I'm a mess! This is my dream and I know I have enough motivation to do it... I just need someone to reassure me that it can be done lol.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM

If you want it...yes it can be done!!

dixiegurl223626
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM

You can do it!

dimomof3
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 2:41 PM

You can do it! Congrats on getting into the program. :)

kristi95
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Congrats!!!

Of course you can do it!  It won't be easy, but every sacrifice that you make will be worth it when you are done.  ;-)

yolanda7599
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM

If i can do you can do it!. I was pregnant with 2 kids under the age of 5 and going through rough patch with my husband, Im making it and so can you. Good luck

Keeyinmommysoon
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I felt the same way too when i first started. I too have a child and hes 2 yrs old. You just got to get on a routine, and never second guess yourself. Once thats happens the stress will decrease. Its a long road, but at the end its truly a blessing. I graduate in December 2010

Shellybelly420
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Its so nice to hear everyones stories. We're all moms here so I guess if you guys can do it I can too!!! I'm super excited to finally be starting the program in January... I've been in school since August of 2007!

I mean I hear of single moms making it through the program... my hubby is super helpful and my mom is always here for me when I need her help or a baby sitter :) So I have plenty of support.

MomNADNstudent
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Then you are all set Shelly, you have what it takes to succeed.   Don't, "I guess" yourself.  You have the support, and that is the one of the major keys in succeeding.  The other major key in succeeding is having the motivation, always remember why you started nursing school.  Yes it is hard, and there are many moments were you question yourself.  However, as long as you stay consistant with putting your all into nursing school, you can make it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)