Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anatomy ?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 412 Total Views

So im planning on doing Anatomy during the summer semester which is 6 weeks , but I heard that it's alot of work  ! Has anyone done it during such a short semester and how was it ?  I just really want to get done with my preqs by december so I can send in my application It seems like i've been doing prereqs forever !

The school that I want to apply to requires you to have all your preqs done before you can even apply which is :

Intermediate Algebra

English Composition

Introductory Psychology

Interpersonal Communication

Introductory Sociology

Anatomy

physiology

microbiology 

And some of these requires prereqs of their own ! Im just frustrated with all this prereqs I want to be done with it !! Anyone else having to do all before applying ?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessednHappy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I don't have to take anatomy, interpersonal communication,sociology,physiology,or microbiology as a pre-req to get into the program at my school. That is crazy but it will all be over soon, I can't stand pre-reqs either!

mom2cuties0406
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:22 AM

I had to take A&P 1 and 2. Micro, english, speech, psych, developmental psych, and I also had to get my CNA license.  I had to have them all done before applying as well. You can do it, it will all be worth it.

Ladywithtwo
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Why would you NOT be required to take anatomy???

Quoting BlessednHappy:

I don't have to take anatomy, interpersonal communication,sociology,physiology,or microbiology as a pre-req to get into the program at my school. That is crazy but it will all be over soon, I can't stand pre-reqs either!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph_hailee
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:47 AM

yes i have a ton of prereqs. too i have to take:

english

math

1 history

sociology

micro

a&p 1 and 2

anatomy

chemistry (didnt in high school)

develop. psy

and 1 humanities class.. like an elective

i have a long list to get done and they dont all have to be done before you apply to nursing school but you will have a better chance getting in if all prereqs. are done

BlessednHappy
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

Why would you NOT be required to take anatomy???

Quoting BlessednHappy:

I don't have to take anatomy as a pre-req to get into the program at my school.It is simply not a requirement before I can apply to the program. All schools are different...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

subedia
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:10 AM

• BlessednHappy  I thought Anatomy $ Physiology & micro is a must  in order to enter the nursing program !

Some schools here in CA you just need  those 3 science classes and Intermediate maths to apply , but the school I want to attend in San Diego you need all 8 done before applying :(  I also left all the science ones for last so my next 2 semester will be tough Im already stressing because I have a 5 year old and a 4 month old  so finding enought time to study is a  challenge !!

BlessednHappy
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Quoting subedia:

• BlessednHappy  I thought Anatomy $ Physiology & micro is a must  in order to enter the nursing program !

Some schools here in CA you just need  those 3 science classes and Intermediate maths to apply , but the school I want to attend in San Diego you need all 8 done before applying :(  I also left all the science ones for last so my next 2 semester will be tough Im already stressing because I have a 5 year old and a 4 month old  so finding enought time to study is a  challenge !!

Not at my school! There are only 4 pre-reqs in order to enter/ apply to  the nursing program! However, once I am in the program the other courses are bulit into my schedule!  I think you ladies are misunderstanding me, I never said I didn't have to take A&P I simply stated that I don't have to take it before I can APPLY to the program.

I have a 4 year old and a 3 month old and I can relate to it being hard to find  time to study. I wish my school had a day care center! I'm trying to finish so I can start in spring 2012

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Ladywithtwo
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Gotcha. I was trying to figure out how in the world your school would exclude those classes! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GloriaI
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:33 PM
My school all those all those classes are built in too however we go off a pt system and who ever has those classes completed will have a greater chance of getting into the program compared to someone who didn't take those prereqs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
subedia
by Member on Feb. 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM

BlessednHappy  thats great that those prereqs are built into the program wish that was the case with my school !  I'll be done by december 2011 then I have to take the TEAS test in January after that i'll be sending in my application so hopefully I'll get excepted for the fall of 2012 !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)