• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurst Review

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 2235 Total Views

Well, this is my last semester of LPN school and our teacher was talking about the Hurst Review and getting us ready for the NCLEX once we graduate. I went online to see what it consisted of and that stuff is very expensive. I was wondering how many of you has used it or are gonna use it and if its worth the money. Because I would love to pass my LPN NCLEX on the first try. Pray for me to have a successful and memorable final semester.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SusanD
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

The Hurst review is TOTALLY worth the money! Its guaranteed for starters. If you fail your NCLEX they will either refund your money OR offer you an in-depth remediation. The review use to be 5 days long, but is now 3 days that are 8 hours long (at least the RN review is...I don't know if there is a different review for LVN/LPN). Then they have 4th and 5th day review material that is online, as well as online practice tests, etc. I would absolutely recommend the review.

.Peaches.
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said it was expensive!

I've still got a couple of years before I'll be taking the NCLEX, so all I can say is if I have the money to spare, I guess I wouldn't mind purchasing it, especially since its seems to be a sure thing.

andymom2be
by Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:30 AM
No I wasn't kidding but it does seem worth it

Quoting .Peaches.:

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said it was expensive!

I've still got a couple of years before I'll be taking the NCLEX, so all I can say is if I have the money to spare, I guess I wouldn't mind purchasing it, especially since its seems to be a sure thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andymom2be
by Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:34 AM
We look at some if the stuff from the Hurst Review but if it will help me pass the first time then I think I need to break down and purchase it. I have been through too much so I definitely need to pass on the first try

Quoting SusanD:

The Hurst review is TOTALLY worth the money! Its guaranteed for starters. If you fail your NCLEX they will either refund your money OR offer you an in-depth remediation. The review use to be 5 days long, but is now 3 days that are 8 hours long (at least the RN review is...I don't know if there is a different review for LVN/LPN). Then they have 4th and 5th day review material that is online, as well as online practice tests, etc. I would absolutely recommend the review.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM
I took the NCLEX RN in Sept, and I didn't purchase an expensive one. I did buy one that was 5 weeks for $70. I did practice questions from NCLEX 4000 too. I passed the 1st time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Oh, I wanted to add that once you have paid for the Hurst review, you can take the review EVERY SEMESTER until graduation. So if you are say a first semester RN student and you sign up for the Hurst review then you can take the Hurst review every semester after that. Why would you do that? Well I went to a Hurst prep class (one day for half a day where they promote it and get you to sign up) and it was a long lecture of fluid and electrolytes and acid/base. I learned an insane amount...that applied to the next semester. After going to the formal review, the subsequent semesters were MUCH easier. In my head I could hear the Hurst lady with all of her little sayings when many questions came up on exams. Not only that but I walked away with a better understanding of the covered material.

andymom2be
by Member on Jan. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Oh ok, I didn't know you could do that. I have been looking at fluid and electrolytes and the endocrine system a lot because those are my worst two and I know with so my diabetics and new diabetics its something that I'm gonna really need to better understand. So thanks for the advice

Quoting SusanD:

Oh, I wanted to add that once you have paid for the Hurst review, you can take the review EVERY SEMESTER until graduation. So if you are say a first semester RN student and you sign up for the Hurst review then you can take the Hurst review every semester after that. Why would you do that? Well I went to a Hurst prep class (one day for half a day where they promote it and get you to sign up) and it was a long lecture of fluid and electrolytes and acid/base. I learned an insane amount...that applied to the next semester. After going to the formal review, the subsequent semesters were MUCH easier. In my head I could hear the Hurst lady with all of her little sayings when many questions came up on exams. Not only that but I walked away with a better understanding of the covered material.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
sunflower39346
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Yes I agree!hurst review is awesome it helps you to really break down things u need to know.I tooj nclex and passed.they don't say they guarentee a pass on nclex for nothing it really helps.good luck: )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)