Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent, don't mind me just need to get it out!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 165 Total Views
I've noticed lately that a lot of people are trying to go into nursing (not on here). Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the fact that I'm exhausted, worn out, stressed, and hungry, but I'm annoyed. Everyone acts like it's so easy and they just wake up one day and decide to go to nursing school. I feel like it takes away a little bit of everything I've worked so hard for and what I've put into it so far!

I hate that it's just become the "in" or "cool" thing to do.

You don't have to reply, I didn't want to put this anywhere else and everyone else is asleep so I couldn't whine to them. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
usmclife58
by Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM
I have felt that way often. I've talked a few people out of it just by telling them my schedule!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I think that its sort of always been this way. I mean, people have different reasons for going into the field, but I've heard some crazy things. I once had a lady in class with me explain that she was going to nursing school because she wanted to work in a cosmetic surgeon's office so that she could get a discount on getting work done. Doh!

I've known people who wanted to go into nursing because of the whole "sexy nurse" thing. In fact, we had a girl in our graduating class go the route of "sexy nurse" for her graduation photos in whites. It was rather disturbing, and she was subsequently chastized and administrative action was taken (to some degree).

I have heard of people wanting to become a nurse because of tv shows like greys anatomy, etc.

maccheese
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I think once in nursing school, your true reasons for wanting to be a nurse will test you. I've already had a few people drop out my class because they found out nursing wasn't for them. And that is okay.

Quoting SusanD:

I think that its sort of always been this way. I mean, people have different reasons for going into the field, but I've heard some crazy things. I once had a lady in class with me explain that she was going to nursing school because she wanted to work in a cosmetic surgeon's office so that she could get a discount on getting work done. Doh!

I've known people who wanted to go into nursing because of the whole "sexy nurse" thing. In fact, we had a girl in our graduating class go the route of "sexy nurse" for her graduation photos in whites. It was rather disturbing, and she was subsequently chastized and administrative action was taken (to some degree).

I have heard of people wanting to become a nurse because of tv shows like greys anatomy, etc.

Come learn about couponing in CafeMom's "Coupon Mom" Group.

LilrockerMama
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I completely agree! And I hate when people go straight to RN school not knowing at all what it's like to work in the health field and be a good nurse. And when one of those nurses come to work with me they are totally lost when it comes to everything and then act like they are completely above you. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)