Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need your help

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 142 Total Views

Okay, 

To make a long story short. I am appkying to nursing school, but two years ago I was fired from my job because of Neglect. (wrong person, and they where allegic to it.) Can this stop me from going to nursing school?

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SusanD
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

How were you passing meds? Were you giving meds as a licensed professional? Were you passing meds under a certification of some sort? You don't have to actually tell me, but these are the things that you need to think about.

If you were, then when you have a background check for your license it could potentially prevent you from becoming licensed depending upon what the official outcome was with the incident. If you fail the background check, then you are generally not eligible for entry into most nursing schools. My advice would be to contact the board of nursing and see if they can give you guidance. Now having said that, I don't know of any nurses who haven't or will not (given time) make a med error of some sort in their career as a nurse....but since it happened prior to having a license or going to nursing school, I don't know how that will impact your ability to obtain a license or get into nursing school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)