Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what applications do you use?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 160 Total Views

So, let me just start off with this is stressing me out like no tomorrow.  Please read my vent and help me :)

My university program is "requiring" that we all buy a non-camera device (HARD to find) to download Skyscape on to use at the clinical sites.  Well, I am getting mixed advice about this.  Other students in cohorts ahead of me are saying they never use it and some say they very rarely use it and think its a waste of money.  So I was thinking of not buying it, but then I talked to a lady who is a PA and she said it definitely really helps to have it.

So I started looking at devices and its confusing.  I will not buy an itouch because I cannot fathom buying one (must be 3rd gen) because my husband, I, his sister, and 4 brothers all got them for Christmas 2 years ago...only 1 of ours keeps a charge.  I have had mine replaces (Best Buy insurance) and still have the same problem.  Its not reliable.  I can get a Blackberry through Verizon without a camera for $229 and then have to pay $159 for Skyscape.  I cannot imagine paying that much for something that I will not use apparently.

SO...I am curious what everyone else uses?  I have a Droid phone and would love to download some apps on there.  It does have a camera, so I would not be able to use it at a clinical site obviously.  I still don't really know what Skyscape has that I cannot get elsewhere for cheaper.  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
maccheese
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Thats messed up that they won't let you use the device you already have. I though about purchasing  a device, but since its not required, I'm going to hold off as long as I can. Kindles are always and option too. Check craigslist, ebay, and amazon if you want to save some money.

bellawomen
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM
The device I have has a camera, its not against the school's policy (as they say) to have a devvice with a camera, but most clinical sites forbid them as it could lead to a HIPAA violation easily or distract.

I have looked on Amazon but after buying a device and the program I will spend about $350. If I don't use it, I will be livid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)