Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my job is offering to pay for nursing school...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 157 Total Views
But by the time my application and everything goes threw all the important people. I will be done with my pre reqs at the community college and will be transfering to the university. So would it be beneifitial to me to allow them to pay for the rest of my schooling(just the nursing classes) and sign the three year contract? Or for me to continue to pay for them like i have been that way I can work where I want when im done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Do you like your current workplace?  Would you want to work there as a nurse, or are you more like, "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!" and seeing school as reprieve?  Would you be able to afford school easily on your own, or would you be taking out loans and/or struggling?  3 years isn't a terribly long contract, IMO, but it also depends on your workplace.  If you like it there well enough, it might be good to take them up on it.  Plus, once you have some experience under your belt, you'll be more marketable to other workplaces.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

luvmykids08_10
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Being here for 3 years seems fine. But being here for the three years PLUS the 4 years im in school is going to be a very long time. I mean i love my job but thats a long commitment.

Quoting musicpisces:

Do you like your current workplace?  Would you want to work there as a nurse, or are you more like, "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!" and seeing school as reprieve?  Would you be able to afford school easily on your own, or would you be taking out loans and/or struggling?  3 years isn't a terribly long contract, IMO, but it also depends on your workplace.  If you like it there well enough, it might be good to take them up on it.  Plus, once you have some experience under your belt, you'll be more marketable to other workplaces.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM
What is your job market like?

Here in SoCal its hard for new grads. So a guarantee for a job would be amazing. You could then have experience and apply elsewhere more easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bellsbabyboys
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

hell yeah I would do it 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)