Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did it... I survived nursing school =D

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 331 Total Views
1 mom liked this

So about 2 weeks ago I graduated and am now a Graduate Nurse =D I am so glad that it is finally over that was a long, hard 2 years! I am now just waiting on my school to send their list of graduates to the state so I can take the NCLEX and offically be an RN.

The real world is scary.... I have heard how crazy hard it is to get a job right now. The major hospital in my area you have to apply online and for new graduates they automatically send you a rejection e-mail saying that the only position GN's will be considered for is their Graduate Nurse Program. So I applied to that a few times as did everyone else in my class and as far as I know no one has heard anything. Well I got a call today to start the process YAY, cross my fingers that I get acceppted. Also when I was doing my practicum I got my foot in the door with the nurse manager and she is setting up an interview for me andddd my neighbor works on a liver transplant unit and is trying to get me in. I am just thanking God for all these opportunities so soon after I graduated because it seems like not everyone in my class has been so lucky. Next week I plan on just walking on to units and handing out resumes like crazy lol.

For all of you drowning in the books or just starting.... hang in there! I did it with 2 little ones, husband out of town 90% of the time ANDDDD I am 34 weeks pregnant lol so if I can do it anybody can.

If anybody has any questions or if I can help any one in any way I would be more than happy to!

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaMamiDeJase
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Congratulations!! If you dont mind me asking, what state do you live in? I live in nc and ive heard its hard to find jobs and this state doesnt pay well either. Im thinking abt moving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andymom2be
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Congrats! I know the struggle of it all. Just passed the LPN NCLEX so good luck on that as well. You are so right I have two little ones and my husband then was an over the road truck driver. It's so hard but very achieveable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellybelly420
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LaMamiDeJase:

Congratulations!! If you dont mind me asking, what state do you live in? I live in nc and ive heard its hard to find jobs and this state doesnt pay well either. Im thinking abt moving.

I am in central florida :) That stinks about NC.... if I ever moved anywhere that is probably where I would go. I just love it there and that's where my dad lives. Oh well maybe after I have a few years under my belt.

Shellybelly420
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Quoting andymom2be:

Congrats! I know the struggle of it all. Just passed the LPN NCLEX so good luck on that as well. You are so right I have two little ones and my husband then was an over the road truck driver. It's so hard but very achieveable

Congrats to you as well!!!! I took a little break from reality... just hung out w/ my kids before they went back to school....used my pregnancy as an excuse for being a lazy butt. But nowwww I need to get my butt in gear and study study study for this NCLEX and I have been working on enrolling into another college for my bachelors blah. The thought of going to school again makes me want to puke but it's what has got to be done lol.

owjaysmom
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Congrats to you!  I am starting my 3rd semester next week.  I am also in Central FL.  Where did you graduate from?  I am at SSC/UCF.

RaisingDivas
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Wow great to hear you made it out alive. I have 4 lil ones and am hoping to start my core nursing classes in Jan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellybelly420
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Quoting owjaysmom:

Congrats to you!  I am starting my 3rd semester next week.  I am also in Central FL.  Where did you graduate from?  I am at SSC/UCF.

I graduated from Valencia. I start an online Bachelors degree program in January because as I am sure you know it's pretty much becoming mandatory in our area to have your BSN. So smart choice in doing it all at once.

musicpisces
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Congratulations, mama!!  Good luck with the NCLEX!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

KeimUNCmomof3
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Congrats, that's awesome.  I just decided to go back to school and finish my education.  I used to be a Certified Medical Assistant & Licensed Phlebotomy Technician for a Cosmetic Dermatologist.  I am now attending the University of Northern Colorado taking nursing pre-requisites.  I hope to get accepted into the R.N. program in 2014 and graduate with my Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing in 2016.  I am having a hard time on weekends focusing on studies (hence being on cafemom when I have homework).  I have three children under the age of 5.  I was a stay-at-home mommy for almost 5 years until a month ago, now my children go to an in-home licensed daycare and love it.  It's great being back in school again in my 30s, but, also very challenging to figure out the new schedule.  Balancing act, I have to get down.  Congrats again, good luck finding a job.  Can't wait until I say I am done!!!

blessedfamily06
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM
CongraTs i am starting with my preqs in January
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)