Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did it... I survived nursing school =D

So about 2 weeks ago I graduated and am now a Graduate Nurse =D I am so glad that it is finally over that was a long, hard 2 years! I am now just waiting on my school to send their list of graduates to the state so I can take the NCLEX and offically be an RN.

The real world is scary.... I have heard how crazy hard it is to get a job right now. The major hospital in my area you have to apply online and for new graduates they automatically send you a rejection e-mail saying that the only position GN's will be considered for is their Graduate Nurse Program. So I applied to that a few times as did everyone else in my class and as far as I know no one has heard anything. Well I got a call today to start the process YAY, cross my fingers that I get acceppted. Also when I was doing my practicum I got my foot in the door with the nurse manager and she is setting up an interview for me andddd my neighbor works on a liver transplant unit and is trying to get me in. I am just thanking God for all these opportunities so soon after I graduated because it seems like not everyone in my class has been so lucky. Next week I plan on just walking on to units and handing out resumes like crazy lol.

For all of you drowning in the books or just starting.... hang in there! I did it with 2 little ones, husband out of town 90% of the time ANDDDD I am 34 weeks pregnant lol so if I can do it anybody can.

If anybody has any questions or if I can help any one in any way I would be more than happy to!

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Replies (11-11):
noahscott
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM

CONGRATS!!! i am 3 weeks from finishing my 2nd semester. i think it'll be a miracle if i pass all my finals.. i'm so tired. i have 2 kids and a husband and i am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. just two semesters to go!! i can't wait!!

and good luck finding a job. i hope you get one soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN