Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just graduated, preping for NCLEX. Here's what I'm doing

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 112 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I just graduated in September. Several in my class have taken boards and all passed. I paid the board two weeks ago, and got tired of waiting on the school to pay pearson vue for the test so I just paid today.

Our school uses ATI and HESI. I scored really well throughout school with ATI. Always got level 2 or 3. I scored really good on HESI.

For my reviews I am using ATI virtual, Sylvia Rayfield Review, Hurst, and Kaplan.

What I've been told about boards thus far:

Know your most common lab values like the back of your hand. Don't just know them, know what the abnormals mean and what to look for.

Know your rythm strips. Not the complex ones, but the basic ones. They don't expect you to know the complicated ones. just know ones like vtach, bradycardia, vfib, tachycardia, etc.

Know the s/s of shock

Know what to look for after procedures. Such as a heart cath: what to look for.

And as Hurst review says: Always assume the worst.

Safety is a biggie so if you aren't sure, choose the safest answer.

I will post more as I get to it.

Any tips you have are welcome!!!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SusanD
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Honestly, the boards are VERY different for everyone! There really isn't any one thing to know better than anything else because thats when you end up with the pharmacology geared exam. I think that the tools that you are using to study are great. I used Hurst and Kaplan and that was it. I personally feel that the best tool that I had was the Hurst review. I really feel that that was what best prepared me for the boards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)