Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Ladies!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 85 Total Views

I am new to this group. My name is Safina. I am doing my pre-reqs for the BSN program for a local university here in Florida. I am basically at a crossroads in my education where I only have about 4 more classes left before I can apply to the program. I have 3 Algebras and a Chemistry with Lab left to complete. I guess my question would be..Would you recommend finishing the pre-reqs at the community college level OR apply to the university as a regular student and finish the last few classes there and then take the entrance exam and apply to the program? Any Advise is appreciated! Its just so overwhelming to me since this is so close now... :)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MaiasMommy619
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Welcome! I knew I recognized your SN! :-)
I'd say to take them at the local community college. Save yourself the money. Most universities, at least here in CA, don't necessarily give any preference to students who have taken their pre-reqs at the university. Here you apply to BSN programs as are then admitted to the university if you are accepted to the program. But I would ask an advisor for the program you're looking at, and see if there is any advantage where you are. Any little bit helps! It's definitely overwhelming, and a strange feeling when you get this close (believe me, it's weird being in the BSN program now!!). It seems like you'll be doing pre-reqs forever, then you're actually at the applying stage, and it's surreal! :-)
MaiasMommy619
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Yes!! From the health group!! :))

I am glad you understand the feeling.. I feel like I have been doing pre-reqs foreverrrrr!! Ahhhh lol

But i Spoke to the advisor last yr and he was the one that said to take the last few classes there at the university. But its just so expensive!! I think I will set up another appt an take my hubby with me and have a sit down and really think about it. Thank you so much :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome! I knew I recognized your SN! :-)

I'd say to take them at the local community college. Save yourself the money. Most universities, at least here in CA, don't necessarily give any preference to students who have taken their pre-reqs at the university. Here you apply to BSN programs as are then admitted to the university if you are accepted to the program. But I would ask an advisor for the program you're looking at, and see if there is any advantage where you are. Any little bit helps! It's definitely overwhelming, and a strange feeling when you get this close (believe me, it's weird being in the BSN program now!!). It seems like you'll be doing pre-reqs forever, then you're actually at the applying stage, and it's surreal! :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)