Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you dislike most?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

What is your least favorite part about nursing school, and why?

I hate making med cards, although I know it's extremely helpful and will really make a great difference, it's so time consuming and general that I just feel annoyed about it more than anything. I don't mind careplans or anything else. Just med cards. But if we have 3 patients and they all have 20+ meds we have to do a new card on each and every one of the meds, even if we have done that med already.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
musicpisces
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM

The volume of reading.  It takes SO long, and I frankly hate sitting on my butt this long.  I really wish the books were available on CD or something, so I could listen to them while I run or drive.

Yeah, med cards are freaking tedious!!  And of course we always get assigned patients with 42,000 meds!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LilrockerMama
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I don't mind the reading so much! I don't think I would learn much just by listening. When I get to where I can't sit still any longer I just find lectures of animated or whatever videos of whatever it is I'm studying. Gives me a little break but still keeps me learning!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
owjaysmom
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I hate having to go to the hospital to pick up my assignment the day before.  It's tedious

LilrockerMama
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM
We don't do that. Our assignments are so "willy nillly" and unorganized. At least you have an idea of what you are going in to or need to have done and ready lol

Quoting owjaysmom:

I hate having to go to the hospital to pick up my assignment the day before.  It's tedious

musicpisces
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM
We were assigned ours the night before only during first semester, and we'd "prelab" and have to look up everything they had and the meds and such before the next AM. Now we just get report with the AM nurses.

Quoting owjaysmom:

owjaysmom
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Next semester (our last) we won't be picking up assingments.  That's gonna free up about 4 hours total.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)