Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you studying?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 348 Total Views
What are you guys studying right now and how is your class set up? I'm in a self paced program. We have a month to month contract to complete X amt of hours class time, book work and clinicals. They had all my classes random sometimes I did a couple med surg plus peds plus MH sometimes just med surg it's all weird. Right now I'm finishing up PEDs. My contract this month is two med surg a few peds one maternal and a few MH and then I'm completely finished! Yay me =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Ours is all together.  We have lecture and reading and clinicals.

This semester is med/surg II, research/EBP, and psych.  Right now I'm reading chapters about IV admin.

I LOVED maternal child, but I plan to be a CNM, so that was my thing!  I really enjoyed that rotation!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LilrockerMama
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM
We are so unorganized! We don't have lectures or anything and like I said everything is scAttered. You never knew what you were doing or where you were going for clinicals lol it's frustrating but after this month I'm done! Soo ready
musicpisces
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

That sounds BEYOND crazy.  =(  Poor organization makes an already stressful program even more so!  Do you get to evaluate your courses at the end, at least?  Then you can provide some feedback?

Quoting LilrockerMama:

We are so unorganized! We don't have lectures or anything and like I said everything is scAttered. You never knew what you were doing or where you were going for clinicals lol it's frustrating but after this month I'm done! Soo ready

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LilrockerMama
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Yes we do get to evaluate and so I definitely have!
owjaysmom
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Advanced med/sur, OB, and community nursing. I'm tired alreay.

LilrockerMama
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I'm finishing up mental health now, bleh
owjaysmom
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Quoting LilrockerMama:

I'm finishing up mental health now, bleh

I loved the theory, hated the clinicals!

Andeigh
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Im in patho and we're doing cv. I also have health promotions which were learning about family assessments and child development. 3 more weeks of clinical in ltc then after spring break we go to med surg
usmclife58
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:11 PM

We take our final test for mother-child tomorrow and Tuesday is our last clinical in the mother/baby unit. We start med surg after that for the rest of the semester. Summer is psych and cardio.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)