Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RMA to RN

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 563 Total Views
Hi everyone . I am new to the group . I am currently a registered medical assistant (RMA) and I graduate next month with my associates degree . Anyways I really want to be a nurse and honestly I should have just went for nursing in the first place but when I started at my college I am at I was going for medical billing and coding then I switched programs . Well now being so close to graduate and me loving school I am really wanting to go back to just a community college for my associates for RN then go to chamberlain college of nursing or something to get my BSN . My dd is turning 3 in July . I thought about waiting till she gets into kindergarten to go back but I'm just not sure what to do. I don't know if I should just work in the field doing medical assistanting for a few years then go back or just work and take care of my daughter now then go back when she starts school ?

Any advice ?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lfontes
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
With the goal of one day becoming a nurse, I started off as a medical assistant to make sure the health care field was my true calling. I'm now in nursing school. I didn't regret doing the medical assisting at all. You could start working on some of the nursing program prerequisites while you're working as a medical assistant but once you're able to go full time, I would just do it. I'm in my early 40's and if I could change one thing, I would not have waited so long to have started nursing school. Lots of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I started my program when my son was turning 4.  He was in preschool, so either way he would have had school.  I say start sooner than later.  There will always be an excuse NOT to start.  Don't wait to pursue your dreams!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)