Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The other post was deleted. 

So, if you have some share them!! I'm sure it will help others out! =)

by on Feb. 14, 2008 at 8:36 PM
Replies (41-47):
Willsmom65
by Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:34 PM

In some of my harder classes, I would tape myself reading the text then play it anytime I was driving. It helped!

jesslynne
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Yellow! One our nursing instructors told us that at their teaching conference last year, they were told that studies show that the color yellow helps you retain information. I write all of my notes on yellow legal pads and color code everything with highlighters. It has helped me a lot & my study time has cut down drastically.

momof2cuteboys
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Quoting sweetygirls:

I had an instructor look at me this past semester and tell me to record myself as I described the process (whatever it may be) step by step. Almost like I was telling my husband or one of my girls, but I would be telling myself. Listening to the recorded class lectures and my recordings of myself did help, but it was toward the end of the semester when she told me about this. At least I will know for the upcoming semester.

Good luck to you all, it can get rough.

Mrs.Strother
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

i study using ATI and NCLEX books, havent gotten anything below an a so far

Angeldolphine
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I use my lecture notes as a study guide. Anything the teacher emphasizes, I use a different color. (Blue) Notes from the lecture are one color. (red)  Then, when reading the textbook, I highlight anything covered by the lecture notes and read in more depth on those subjects. Then, I turn my highlighted notes in the book into flashcards. These flashcards are another color. (Green) I make SURE i know Reds first, then Green.  A day or the day of the test, I find a study partner and we go over our notes and flashcards. After a test, I figure out what I missed and where it is found. I use the test as a way to figure out the teacher. Was everything on it from the lectures? Was it from information covered by the lectures but in more depth or was it not even from the lectures at all? This helped me to focus my information and I went from C's to A's in nursing school. This method works for any Science class.

Quoting LisaMom85:

I have a question; I am taking A&P II this semester, and I have tried the index cards, too (because you can take them everywhere).  The only problem is...I don't know when to stop!  It'll take me forever b/c I end up wanting to write everything on the cards.  I could just do the "bolded" phrases in the book, who knows.  Once I get started, I"m like, "oh-heres another good one". 

So now I am trying just reading through the entire chapters and seeing what sticks, first.  Any ideas?

andymom2be
by Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Powerpoints work good for me I like to highlight in my book as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilrockerMama
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I love YouTube and drawing pictures (I'm a horrible artist but it still helps to "walk" myself through it)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN