Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself...

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 3:05 PM
  • 457 Replies
  • 6090 Total Views
Hi everyone! thanks for joining...I am in college right now for nursing almost, kinda sorta done, but not really...if that makes any sense.  I have a 2 years old & a 5 month old. Just taking it one day at a time. I'll finish eventually..I'm looking forward to meeting you all!
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetestmom3227
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Hi Natalie my name is Sharonda and I am a Senior nursing student at NCCU in Durham, NC. I am 35 yrs. of age and a single mom of three 11, 7, and 5. Two boys and a girl. Going to nursing school and being a single parent is a little challenging but I thank the Lord that he has brought me this far. I am so excited about this upcoming year it seems as though it has been a long time coming. I just wanted to encourage you to stick in there and no matter how long it takes you keep sticking in there as long as it makes you happy. If you ever need to talk just send me a message or we could talk about some nursing things.
sneakymom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2007 at 3:54 PM
Neat group!

I just got accepted into the nursing program at my school.  I start in January, my school started a new program last year where you're admitted into 1 of 4 cohorts.  You can start in August, October, January or March.

So this semester I'm taking child psych.  Don't want to take it, but I need it to graduate, so I'd rather just get it done. 

It's taken me 4 years to get through the prerequisites I needed, b/c I was taking them 1 class at a time.  NEVER again.  The only class I'm not looking forward to is Pharmacology, I don't do math.

My kids are 13 and 10.  When I graduate, my oldest will be a sophomore in high school, which means we will be beginning the college thing all over again.
peaches19773
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 4:04 PM
HI my name is Tonya.  Nice to meet you all.  What an awesome thing, to find groups that have to do with your life.

I will be starting my pre-req's in September.  Sometimes I think I've lost my mind.  How am I going to work 40 + a week and take care of a busy household with kids in sports full time, and school 3 nights a week.  WOW but I want this soooo bad and have hope that it will all work out.
missqueen719
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2007 at 4:20 PM
Hi all! My name is Megan and I'm going into my second year of college but its all my pre req' classes. Hopefully I'll be ready to go into the nursing program next spring! Very very excited! I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter named Savannah! So glad you started this group. I'm sure I'll have some questions!
VannahsMommy06
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 4:25 PM
Hi everyone..my name is Brandy I am a 22. year old single mother..of an 8 month old daughter named SAVANNAH ALSO...:-D I will be starting the accelerated nursing program for lpn this september.  I started taking my pre req's for rn.  At the college here in ny that I am going to...its so hard to get into the rn program just as a college student. If you are an lpn its easier...so Im going to do the 10 month lpn then it just 2 semesters for my rn. I cant wait.
nikkileigh1103
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 4:40 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Nichole. I begin nursing school in August. I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead. Althought it scares the beejesus out of me!!! I'm 28 and it has been a LONG time since I've stepped foot into the classroom. (Other than my kids'.) I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing our ups and downs.
hill2
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 10:14 PM
Hi great idea for a group!!!

My name is Angela I have a 2 and 3 yr old. I will start a LPN program in Aug that is 11mos then I have 3 pre req left to finish my RN. I am fortunate to not have to work at the moment and concentrate on the LPN program.

I have worked as a CNA since I was 20 so kinda been in the field a while! We live in AZ.

Hope to chat with many of you soon!!!

Angela
avandal
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 10:41 PM
HI my name is mandy i see alot of you start in aug~ good luck to all lucky me i graduate in aug. i'm glad-what a long strange trip it's been LOL
jamie91141
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Hello everyone!  My name is Jamie.  I am a mommy of two little boys ages 4 and 2 and a full-time nursing student...duh!  :)  Anyway, I am currently getting my anatomy labs out of the way and will begin my actual nursing courses at the end of August and I have a graduation date of May 2009.  YAY!  I look forward to this group and getting to know all of you!
JakesRNMommy
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 11:27 PM
Hi everyone!! What a great idea for a group! My name is Katie, and I am a 22 yo mommy to Jake, my 20 mo old little man!!I graduate with my RN BSN on AUG 24...so IM VERY EXCITED.... Next week is my last week of clinicle (senior preceptor in LABOR AND DELIVERY) that is my passion I love it, and from then on out its just test and STUDY STUDY STUDY for NCLEX....so thats it for me. Good luck to anyone, and if there is ever a question, anyone just ask and I will try to help!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)