Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 305 Total Views
hi you all..im new to this group. my name is linda, 24 years old. im a sahm to a beautiful 8 months old baby boy named Dezmond, Dez for short.

a question to all of you, i have a BS degree in Accounting. Im thinking about becoming a nurse. I've done all my pre req courses in college. is there any way i can get into nursing program or i have to start all over again? thanks to all in advance for replies.

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michellegtcc
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:27 PM
It depends on if  you have done the pre reqs required for that program....but no way you would have to start allover again

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Single mom, Fulltime Nursing Student

sneakymom
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:12 PM
Depends on what's needed for the program, and what you already have. And what will transfer.  Normally classes that are below a C aren't going to transfer.   I have a BS in Psychology.  The only classes I needed to take to get into an RN program were all of the biology classes (A&P, Micro, Chem) a couple of math classes, and an English course.  I didn't really NEED the English course, since something I had covered it, it was just that I hadn't been in school for so long I figured I needed a brush-up on writing papers.
Deanna14
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:19 PM
  At Kent State they have an accelerated program for anyone holding a BS degree in any field. All youwould have is nursing classes. Check around and explore your options good.

MOM TO: Kyla 10, Skylar 9, Shyla 5, Jeffrey 4, Damyen 3
Mommyx2BG
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Quoting sneakymom:

Depends on what's needed for the program, and what you already have. And what will transfer. Normally classes that are below a C aren't going to transfer. I have a BS in Psychology. The only classes I needed to take to get into an RN program were all of the biology classes (A&P, Micro, Chem) a couple of math classes, and an English course. I didn't really NEED the English course, since something I had covered it, it was just that I hadn't been in school for so long I figured I needed a brush-up on writing papers.

I have a friend that has her BS in psychology as well and she was accepted right into the nursing program , so I agree with the other comments on how it all depends on the requirements and what you have already completed. So you will NOT have to start all over
Jen0618
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:27 PM
I think you will be accepted right away.....everywhere will be different, but here you wouldn't need to take a lot of pre-reqs or the compass test as it is called to see where you are at with reading, writing, all that hazz, that is good for you to have that BS.

DeZsMaMa
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 3:03 PM

okay thank you all for your replies..they really are helpful..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)