Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those of you that have taken cardio did you ever get the hang of this?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:32 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

I am going into cardio this semester and my aunt who is an RN is teaching me how to read EKG's so that it is not totally foreign when I enter the class. Did you feel like you would never get the idea on how to read them? It makes me feel like an idiot. I think I have the NSR down but that is it. I am hoping that eventually it will all just click.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Southerncharmes
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:19 AM

We just had to know the basics. We did not have to know anything really in depth about EKG's. They told us if we decide to work on a cardiac floor then most hospitals will offer a class just for reading EKG's.

heffalumplaura
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 8:13 AM

when i took it - we needed to know the basics- normal pqrs. but what helped me the most was the incredibly easy flip pocket books....... every one has the basic ekg patterns normal and irregular ones. just looking at those helped. i photocopied them onto normal paper so it was easier to see.

also knowing that the p wave is the sa node firing to tell the atrium to contract helps you to understand that without it or when it overfires it can really interrupt the pattern.

if you have any other questions that you think i can help with please feel free to email me at lauraebettez@yahoo.com  im more than happy to help.

laura

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)