Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am sorry for posting this here but please read

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 342 Total Views

I am asking for anyone that prays could you please pray for my brother? His name is Trey and he is 35. He is all I have except for my kids and my hubby who I am not really liking right now. My brother went in on thursday for severe pain in the abdomen and they found gall stones in the gallbladder. They procedure should have been easy and he should have been home before Saturday. They removed his gallbladder friday night but by saturday his liver was not functioning properly. He is now in critical condition and on oxygen and has pancreatitis. My brother has (hard to believe) never smoked or done drugs and he barely drinks (at the most 2 beers a month). He says it is cause we grew up with it (mom is a smoker and an alcoholic, and did drugs around us)and he wanted to brake the chain. He helped me get through all of my addictions and I have been drug and alcohol free since 94 and have not smoked a cig since 95. Right now I can't handle anything else bad happening and am hoping that they can figure out what is wrong and fix the problem. Please pray for him....

OH one more thing...he and his wife are 20 weeks pregnant with their first child. He is the best uncle and I know he will be the best daddy, and wants his kid so bad...they have been trying to get pregnant for 6 years. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sweetygirls
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM

tinkerbell,

First of all I want to congratulate you and your brother for breaking that chain. I understand how very hard it is to break that kind of chain. Secondly, I will keep you and your brother in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out better for you both. Please keep us updated.

Much love, prayers, and hugs to you and your family.

tinkerbell30
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. My family and I really appreciate them.

I am sorry to say that I do not have much of an update. The MRI they did today didn't show what they were hoping. They were hoping that they would see stones in the liver which would be causeing all the pain but there were no stones located. They did however see an overly inflammed pancreas so they think all they can do at this point is keep him on antibiotics and pain meds. They are thinking of doing a CT scan tomorrow, to look deeper into everything, so we will see and hopefully know more tomorrow. He is still not waking up because he is so sedated, and he is swollen in his abdomen, fingers, legs and still very jaundice. That is all the info I know. I am finally getting to get to go see him this weekend, but I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again!!!

ChelleB78
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Sending prayers!  Please keep us posted.   

tinkerbell30
by Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 9:47 AM

First I just wanted to say thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.This whole ordeal has been one of the roughest things I have ever gone through cause my brother is my best friend, and the thought of losing him has been very difficult. Here is a bit of an update:

Yesterday they did a CT scan but it was a full body scan. They are looking for blood clots and then get a closer and better look at the pancreas because they have figured out that that is what is causing his problems. He was being taken to a different area of the hospital and put into ICU yesterday because he is still severly jaundice, swollen and his fever was at 102 with his O2 stats down. He told my dad he felt he had to go have a BM and my dad said you want me to help you to the restroom or do you want me to call the nurse? Trey of course asked my dad to help him to the bathroom and he had his first BM since he has been in the hospital so thats a HUGE improvement. They decided to wait on the ICU since his body is now showing signs of flushing out the toxins and waste.....)I never thought I would be happy to hear that my brother had a BM LOL). So last night his fever was still present, we were waiting on the results from the Dr on the CT Scan, and still praying like there is no tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers!!!!

ChelleB78
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Hey, having a BM after something like that is great news.  lol  I hope he continues to make improvements and the test results reveal what's going on with him. Continuing prayers.

tbarioni
by Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Praying for you and your family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)