Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you looking to save money this year?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

How are you planning to do that?

What special christmas money saving plans do you have?

Share you tipes here.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
goldenraysofsun
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I bought a pocket calendar (but slightly larger than the average ones) for a dollar. I sat down and did a week by week budget. 

In the back were note pages (blank), and so I made a menu and shopping list on them. Just as a handy guide.

I made a organized binder up for the house. Chores, schedules, a place for receipts, recipes I make a lot, etc. 

This has helped me out TONS, with saving money. Just making a plan, organizing it well and following through on it each and every week.

I make a lot of homemade foods, grow foods in the warmer months, try to do as much DIY as I can, shop consignment shops, and I buy after all the holidays (when they clearance it all down). My Christmas shopping is done the days after Christmas (for the following year). 

I pay cash/debit for everything. Nothing is ever bought with credit in our home. 

Having an emergency savings has helped us a few times as well. We use the extra week paychecks for this.      

Bleacheddecay
by Group Owner on Dec. 11, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Wow! You are doing great! Thanks for the tips.

This year I am concentrating more on doing things together such as projects or cooking since we all have so little time together right now. I'm buying fewer things and doing more with them. That's the plan anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)