Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have Graduation coming up?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

If so, what are your special plans for it?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
fox252000
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 1:05 PM

It's weird.... we have one graduating this year and she refuses to have any fuss made over her. I don't know what to do. She said she just wants her "walking papers" (LOL) and that's it. I really wanted to have at least a dinner for her but she doesn't want to make a big deal out of it.

imjustducke
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 10:30 PM

My dd turns 18 at the end of August & I would like to have a birthday/graduation party for her. I'm tossing around ideas like maybe a slide show & saying a few words about her homeschooling years when I present her with her diploma. I can't believe this day is approaching so quickly!

Our state homeschool organization has a graduation ceremony at the annual conference, but she is not sure she wants to stand up in front of thousands of people to be recognized.

Bleacheddecay
by Group Owner on Mar. 14, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Teens are difficult that way sometimes! I understand.

Quoting fox252000:

It's weird.... we have one graduating this year and she refuses to have any fuss made over her. I don't know what to do. She said she just wants her "walking papers" (LOL) and that's it. I really wanted to have at least a dinner for her but she doesn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Bleacheddecay
by Group Owner on Mar. 14, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Thousands of people does sound daunting in a way.

I like the birthday / graduation party idea.

Quoting imjustducke:

My dd turns 18 at the end of August & I would like to have a birthday/graduation party for her. I'm tossing around ideas like maybe a slide show & saying a few words about her homeschooling years when I present her with her diploma. I can't believe this day is approaching so quickly!

Our state homeschool organization has a graduation ceremony at the annual conference, but she is not sure she wants to stand up in front of thousands of people to be recognized.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)