Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going through something I can't explain ...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 249 Total Views
So I had a mirena put in place in feb 2007, and have had the worse most unexplainable 5 years ever. I mean I have been tired, achy, irritable, mean, moody, depressed, had back pain, headaches, no sex drive, and horrible back pain! I even had stomach issues that no doctor could figure out what was wrong about 2 years ago. It is now my 5 year mark and in 2 weeks I am going in for removal. But things are horrible! I am super sized on all these side effects and I don't know what to do to help. Can anyone inspire me that I can look forward to going back to normal after removal? Or am I in for more hell? Does removal hurt? I'm kinda scared... :-/
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MaddieMaci2010
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:09 PM
I am going through the same thing as you have been! I have had my mirena for just over a year and i swear I feel pregnant all the time. I'm looking forward to getting mine out asap!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyBeans0506
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I see where you would feel like that! I have felt pregnant too for a long time since getting this in! It sucks that I have had a rough time with it, because it really did do a great job at preventing pregnancy. But geez.... I feel like I traded alot for that one aspect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemybabies05
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I had alot of the same side affects, i had mine removed and for the first couple days i went on like a mood roller coaster and now i feel fine, i still get sleepy from time to time but alot of that is just me...lol, good luck

starry_mom
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I was in so much pain having it that when they pulled it out it was a huge relief! like  it felt like so much pressure was removed! it was well worth it to have it removed! but I'm on the track back to "normal" too, I've gone 6 weeks without a period, so I don't know if that is normal... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)