Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over a month out and still no period...

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

But First Response Pregnancy test says I'm not pregnant... I had a InterUterine infection from the Mirena and that was hell! it was the first time my Fiance has ever seen me cry in pain!

So I got the Mirena removed at the ER on January 14th and today, the 27th of February, I still haven't had my period... I was thinking, well maybe I'm pregnant, but according to an over the counter pregnancy test, I'm not... WTF! How long has it taken you guys to have a period after getting the D@mn thing removed?

by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tortuga11
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i've had my mirena for nearly a month and have pain all the time, but it's much worse in the evening or after sitting in a chair.  how did you know your pain was abnormal and an infection?  mine feels like it is poking the same spot in my uterus. 

ps  i'veseen your posts in several places and you are VERY sweet and supportive.  thank you.  :)

starry_mom
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM

the pain was comparable to labor... it was so intense I could barely breathe. when the dr put pressure on my abdomen I was crying out... one doctor had me lay flat on my back and tapped the heal of my foot and that was even ecruciatingly painful. a uterine infection is a horrible pain, super tender everywhere, and it's worse after an orgasm, because the uterus expands and contracts while having an orgasm, and so the infection gets all over in the tissue of the uterus... I'm afraid that maybe the infection was so bad that maybe i'm sterile :(

starry_mom
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

well good news, I had to wait 5 months, but I finally had a period in June, and here we are in July and Pregnancy test shows that I'm Pregnant! so there is hope.

djsmom1
by New Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM

i had the same problem as you are discribing mine was removed on march 28th it was tryin to grow into my uterine wall.

starry_mom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Eek! Scary
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)