Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH MY!!!! Wow!- A thousand wonders

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

Went today to have my Mirena removed which I have had since August 2007, and guess what my doctor was stunned and said that it was not in right!--- His exact words were " its a thousand wonders you have not became pregnant within the last five yrs" --- Well guess what, he was the one who placed it to begin with, and yes I went back to have it checked when I was supose to, plus I have had annual paps ever since and they never in all of that time said anything was wrong with it. He said that it had moved down into my cervix, and that one of the strings was actually looped around one of the arms of the mirena.

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kaysea2012
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM

i've heard of that happening to a bunch of people lately, i'm beginning to think mine is in wrong because i am having pains. i never went back to my check up because i didn't have the money to cover the copay and still haven't had the money yet due to medical emergencies already going on with me! this thing is a nightmare! anyways i'll quit rambling on, but i bet you were happy to know that it was in wrong, so that you can replace it and it be in right this time, (if that's what you had in mind)..

if not good luck!! :D

Married Mommy of Kaidynn(2) Riley(1) Chandler(6mo)
~Proud Preemie Mom~

in lovetoddler boytoddler tantrumbaby boysids ribbon

calebsmommy657
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

At first i considered getting another Mirena when I had this one removed but decided to go back on the pill.  I was just tired of all the aggravation I seemed to be having from the mirena.  Hope you get to get yours checked and your other medical issues resolved.  I know what its like, I do not have insurance and it makes things so difficult.

Vero2410
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I have the paragard which is like mirena but with no hormones and I really hope it's put in right. I haven't checked it out but will after I'm done moving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calebsmommy657
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I went back to have mine checked at the one month mark, my doc said it looked fine and trimmed the strings on it.  Plus I have had annual paps over the last five years and everything always looked fine according to my doc.----When he removed it he said that one of the strings was wrapped around one of the arms of the mirena and that it has became misplaced and was in my cervix.  I guess it just happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN