Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant!? or Something Else?! *Update #1

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

Hello... I'm 23 years old... have three children already... for the past month or so I have been having every pregnancy symptom you could think of... I'm not going to name off every single one because I've had literally everyone... but I didn't think nothing of it until I missed my period... & now I'm two weeks late. I've taken 3 hpt in the past couple of weeks but they all have been negative. I have also been experiencing a lot of pain and pressure in my pelvic area. Yesterday my husband and I tried to have intercourse but I was afraid that it would hurt due to the pain that I've been having. Sure enough we had to stop because I had the worst pain in my life; I never had pain like that in all three of my previous labors! I had extreme sharp pain and pressure in my pelvic area, I could barely move. My husband helped me to the shower were I could only sit because it hurt too bad to stand and I let the hot water fall on me to try and ease the pain. The pain was so bad that I threw up in the shower. When I got done, I set on the toilet because of all the pressure and it sorta felt like something was going to fall out of me. I ended up having to get my husband to help me to the bed so that I could lay down because the pain was so unbearable that I turned pale and cold and I was sure that I was going to past out, but never did, thank God. That was in the morning time and for the rest of the day I stayed in bed and toor Motrin. I only feel a little pain while I'm laying down but when I get up, I get the pressure in my pelvis area and I get so dizzy and lightheaded. What could this possibly be? I plan on seeing my doctor but I have to wait to make an appointment until after the holidays. I also have the Mirena IUD. Thank you for your help!

Update #1
I went to the doctor today & they made me do a pregnancy test, which came out negative! So doctor decides to check my IUD to make sure that he could still feel the strings & that it was still placed right, everything was ok with the IUD. So I have to go back in next week for an ultrasound to see what may be causing the pain...

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lilmomma_1205
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM
BUMP!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jynkx
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM

idk what that could be.  i have a lot of problems with my iud (paragard).  last time i had sex i was in so much pain afterward that im afraid to have it again.  as you descrbed, it felt like strong contractions.  please, update the group after your appointment.  i hope everything is ok.

lilmomma_1205
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM

BUMP!

jynkx
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM

omgoodness, how frustrating!  sorry they couldnt seem to figure this out for you on one visit.  

Dreamer313
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I too have that same problem! I took a test this morning and it was negative. But I don't have an appointment until the 18th. I hope you figure it out. And keep us posted. Best of luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jynkx
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM

oh damn, i hope your ok.   try to be as calm as possible until the appointment.  i hope its nothing too serious, lilmomma.  ill be keeping you in my thoughts.  let us know what they say.

Sunshine_246
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM
So what happened? Did you figure it out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacyemmy
by New Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I've been having pregnancy symptoms off and on for the last year with mirena. They've been steady since Feb. though and I thought I was really pregnant. But I'm not. I am getting my mirena removed I can't deal with this. I am also 23.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)