Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Class Action Lawsuit in the works for ParaGard IUD on Facebook!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 4315 Total Views

There is a lady trying to get women together to possibly set up a class action lawsuit again ParaGard! If you would like to be a part of this, it is on facebook an the group is called Paragard-Dont-GET-ONE-Woman-helping-woman-to-be-informed

The last thing I saw, was that they were asking for pictures of removed IUD's, this group is specific to ParaGard IUD not Mirena though....

Thanks!!!

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jynkx
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM

dang im not on FB.  what is the lawsuit claiming?  i hate my paragard and i already tell folks about how horrid it is.  what is the removed iud looking like? 

MamaRoberts
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM

There isn't one yet, they are trying to get women together to explain their experiences. Google copper toxicity.

jynkx
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM

omgoodness, i went to the link yesterday.....smh.  i saw some pix that were on FB.  then i did google copper toxicity.  it explained alot of my hellish symptoms.  then i called planned parenthood and asked them how much it would be to have mine taken out.  turn out that it can be as much as $400 to remove....smh.  i feel like i will never be able to get it out if i have to come up with that much.  i have wanted to just pull it out myself for the last year.  last night i tried to grab the strings, but only tried once then stopped.  to tell the truth, im terrified that it has implanted itself.  yikes!  

MamaRoberts
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM

It's really scary...if you look at the pictures, mine is the broken one and I am Sonia. I started noticing hair loss and thinning this year but figured that it could be anything..then found out I was pregnant...This is NOT as good as I once thought it was....

I would NOT pull it out myself...I would be scared too, but I am not sure what other avenues you might have instead...I would see if your family doctor or gp can take it out, tell them what you have been going though, so they see it's a MEDICAL need and not just a want...

jynkx
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM

oh wow, yours broke in you?  oh my gosh!  i am still calling around for prices.  i dont have money or insurance, the last time i saw a dr was in 07 when i got this torture contraption put in me.  the last dr office said it would be $300 to get out.  hopefully i can find something even lower.

i have been struggling with so many of the symptoms that i have read about regarding toxicity.  i had no idea that copper was doing these things to me.  hair loss, weird cystic acne, weight gain, and more.  and to think, i thought i was doing the best thing for myself not going on hormonal BC.  frankly, i didnt even want the IUD at the time but i allowed myself to be bullied by the nurse on my 6 week visit after my baby.  i figured it wouldnt be too big a deal since it sounded so simplistic.  i was more than wrong.

Quoting MamaRoberts:

It's really scary...if you look at the pictures, mine is the broken one and I am Sonia. I started noticing hair loss and thinning this year but figured that it could be anything..then found out I was pregnant...This is NOT as good as I once thought it was....

I would NOT pull it out myself...I would be scared too, but I am not sure what other avenues you might have instead...I would see if your family doctor or gp can take it out, tell them what you have been going though, so they see it's a MEDICAL need and not just a want...

MamaRoberts
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

OH honey...I am sorry, do you have insurance at all?

jynkx
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

no, unfortunately i dont.  so i will have to shop around for an affordable dr.  

Quoting MamaRoberts:

OH honey...I am sorry, do you have insurance at all?

always_sabrina
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM
After 4 years of torture from the paraguard I got it removed today!
My nightmare started 4 years ago May. I had my son April 24,2009 and after 6 kids I decided I wasn't ready to tie my tubes so I researched all birth control options ...paraguard seemed heaven sent 10 years non hormones. At my six week check I had it inserted.
That day was horrible cramping but I figured it was normal. A couple weeks later nothing could prepare me for what happened next ..I was out with a group from my local cafemom group ...when I stood up I was covered in blood from my waist to my knees! For the last 4 years 3 days out of the month looked like a crime scene. I would bleed through overnight & supers within 15 minutes ...nevermind sleeping during those days or you'd wake up covered, ruined sheets and a sympathetic husband. The cramping was like having your abdomen run over by a Mack truck repeatedly. Then migraines and numbness in my arms and legs that eventually led to weakness in my arms and hands.
I had never had pms until I got the iud ...I got to where I couldn't handle public places...screaming at the drop of a hat ...being a total b***h for no reason.
then there's the constant metallic taste. Going from weighing 160lbs at the most to 221lbs no matter how much you exercise or how healthy you eat you just get bigger. Between going crazy,fat and crime scene clean up you loose every ounce of who you used to be.
Once I was able to get an appointment I was told that it was up to my doctor to decide if he wanted to remove it. Frankly I was upset that I started Googling how to remove it myself ...that's when I found a website for a clinic in town that would remove it. I called and explained why I wanted it out they said no problem but couldn't get me in til may 1st ...I didn't want another horrible period so I said I'd remove it myself ...within hours I got a call back that they could do it today.
So,now its out and I can hopefully get my life back! I kept the iud which is flaking off tarnished copper and the strings had been wrapped around it which caused the Dr to have to search for it.
MamaRoberts
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Poor thing! I never had any issues besides the pregnancy that is going well. I even managed to lose weight with it, but my periods were very heavy and I did have the cramping.... Right now, I had my 36 week ultrasound to see if they could find the other part of the IUD, which is missing at this point....so I suppose someone will hae to painstakingly go though my placenta and anything else that comes out when he is born....if its not found then, then it my understanding that a few months we will ultrasound again to find it...who knows....exploratory surgery sounds enevitable at this point.....
always_sabrina
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I got a bit worried when the Dr couldn't find mine at first and she was saying I'd have to get an ultrasound to find it and remove with surgery. My husband squeezed my hand, I closed my eyes ...took a deep breath and the Dr said I found it ..I said thank God! It scraped coming out a little and I had mild cramping for couple hours. By the time I got home the metallic taste was gone and the constant humming between my hips was gone ...by bedtime I was able to lie anyway I wanted for the 1st time in 4 years. I haven't been able to lay on my left side because it poked and pinched.
I really hope I can get back to the old me! I was hanging on the edge of falling into the crazy canyon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)