Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

removal costs!!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 350 Total Views

yesterday i began looking around for a dr to remove my paragard IUD.  so far i have gotten that it will be between $300 and $400 to have it taken out.  that sounds ridiculous to me.  if you have had yours taken out, how much did it cost you?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karla1948
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:09 PM

My insurance  picked it up, but $300 sounds about right if there are no complications. Which wasn't my situation for my last removal; at first, he couldn't find the strings, they had slipped into the cervical canal. I had them trimmed 6 months after insertion, in this case a bit too short. The removal won't be nearly as painful as the insertion, but you should still plan to have it removed while you're menstruating, since the cervix is naturally dilated.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

jynkx
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM

oh man, i never imagined it would be so much money to have this taken out.  i never asked anyone.  thanks for replying.  

Quoting Karla1948:

My insurance  picked it up, but $300 sounds about right if there are no complications. Which wasn't my situation for my last removal; at first, he couldn't find the strings, they had slipped into the cervical canal. I had them trimmed 6 months after insertion, in this case a bit too short. The removal won't be nearly as painful as the insertion, but you should still plan to have it removed while you're menstruating, since the cervix is naturally dilated.

Karla1948
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Do you really want to have it removed? I no longer need b/c, but if I did, I'd still be wearing mine. I swore by it. 

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

jynkx
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM

ive had a lot of problems since the moment it was placed in there.  

Quoting Karla1948:

Do you really want to have it removed? I no longer need b/c, but if I did, I'd still be wearing mine. I swore by it. 

awesomemama0711
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM
My insurance covered mine. If it is giving you problems no matter what the cost is is probably best to get it removed. Did your insurance cover having it put in?
jynkx
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM

yes, back when i got it i did have insurance.

Quoting awesomemama0711:

My insurance covered mine. If it is giving you problems no matter what the cost is is probably best to get it removed. Did your insurance cover having it put in?

tcm_mom
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM
You've probably already gotten it removed but Planned Parenthood told me it would cost $160 for a removal
Lulu21345
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I had mine removed at Planned Parenthood it was quick and simple. It cost $72.
Lulu21345
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Tcm do you have insurance?
Lulu21345
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
In having my first period since I removed my paraguard iud on June 5th. All I can say is Wow! I had gotten so used to the major pms, insane cramps, and an uncontrollable flow. This period after years of having an iud is almost enjoyable ok I won't go that far. I'm glad I had my iud removed. Having it was a great peace of mind but not worth the hell I went through basically two weeks every month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)