Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Group!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 109 Total Views
I joined this group in hopes for some advice, because I don't know where else to turn. And I don't have an appointment until 2/18!!
My question is, how do you know your pregnant with the IUD. Besides the obvious blood test!? I've had my IUD in for almost 2yrs. In Dec. my peroid was late and very light. And this month I'm always hungry, tired, crabby and no peroid yet. Also feels like my belly is hardening. Thanks bunches!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jynkx
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:12 PM

take an at home pregnancy test.  

Dreamer313
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Took a test and it came back negative! So I don't know what to do now.

Quoting jynkx:

take an at home pregnancy test.  

jynkx
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:15 PM

i get the pregnancy symptoms too, and yes my belly gets big and hard......smh.  your probably fine, are you late this month too?  do you have mirena or paragard?  have you not had any of these symptoms before last month?  i hope its just the usual IUD foolishness that i keep reading about.  keep me updayed, will ya?  i try to keep up with the IUD stories because i have a lot of problems with mine too.

Dreamer313
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM
It was the same time as last month, but it was here and gone Monday. This has been one of issues I've had with my IUD. Others are sharp cramps every once in a while and I stink more down there. And I have Mirena. It's been in almost 2yrs!

Quoting jynkx:

i get the pregnancy symptoms too, and yes my belly gets big and hard......smh.  your probably fine, are you late this month too?  do you have mirena or paragard?  have you not had any of these symptoms before last month?  i hope its just the usual IUD foolishness that i keep reading about.  keep me updayed, will ya?  i try to keep up with the IUD stories because i have a lot of problems with mine too.

jynkx
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM

im seeing, from my experience and others experiences, that these dang IUD's are more trouble than they are worth.  true, i havent gotten pregnant in 6 years, but for crying out loud the symptoms are not fun to deal with at all.  all you can do is wait til your appt.  in the mean time maybe consider another BC option if your really unhappy with what this one is doing to you.  im trying to save up to have my removed.

Quoting Dreamer313:

It was the same time as last month, but it was here and gone Monday. This has been one of issues I've had with my IUD. Others are sharp cramps every once in a while and I stink more down there. And I have Mirena. It's been in almost 2yrs!

Quoting jynkx:

Dreamer313
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Thinking about getting mine removed. We're ready to try for another one! In the mean time, I need to figure out if I want to continue with another IUD or something else.

Quoting jynkx:

im seeing, from my experience and others experiences, that these dang IUD's are more trouble than they are worth.  true, i havent gotten pregnant in 6 years, but for crying out loud the symptoms are not fun to deal with at all.  all you can do is wait til your appt.  in the mean time maybe consider another BC option if your really unhappy with what this one is doing to you.  im trying to save up to have my removed.

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting jynkx:

jynkx
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM

we are done having kids, i want him to get clipped.  but you know how men are, he isnt quite ready.  so idk whats gonna happen when i get this thing out.  might have to close shop on him to motivate him to do what is best for us....lol.  

im not a fan of hormonal BC, but after this IUd thing, i think i would rather have the hormones.  could you get on the pill or the shot while your waiting to TTC again?

Quoting Dreamer313:

Thinking about getting mine removed. We're ready to try for another one! In the mean time, I need to figure out if I want to continue with another IUD or something else.

Quoting jynkx:

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting jynkx:

Dreamer313
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I refuse to use the depo shot! It messed me up and it took 2 1/2yrs for me to conceive my son. And I won't know anything until my appt on the 18th. I also want to make sure 100% that hubby is wanting to start TTC again, before having my IUD removed. Best of luck to you!! Hope you figure out something.

Quoting jynkx:

we are done having kids, i want him to get clipped.  but you know how men are, he isnt quite ready.  so idk whats gonna happen when i get this thing out.  might have to close shop on him to motivate him to do what is best for us....lol.  

im not a fan of hormonal BC, but after this IUd thing, i think i would rather have the hormones.  could you get on the pill or the shot while your waiting to TTC again?

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting jynkx:

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting jynkx:

jynkx
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

same to you!

Quoting Dreamer313:

I refuse to use the depo shot! It messed me up and it took 2 1/2yrs for me to conceive my son. And I won't know anything until my appt on the 18th. I also want to make sure 100% that hubby is wanting to start TTC again, before having my IUD removed. Best of luck to you!! Hope you figure out something.

Quoting jynkx:

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting jynkx:

Quoting Dreamer313:

Quoting jynkx:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)