Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena...now we cant get pregnant :(

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 117 Total Views
So I was wondering how many other women have had mirena and havent been able to get pregnant since? I had the mirena put in 3.5 years ago and had it removed over 6 months ago. I was bleeding severely and went to my dr. They said it was in place and was just a period. I called them a few hours later because i was filling a tampon and pad in 20 minutes. They told me to go straight to the ER and have an ultrasound done to ensure it was still in place. And to make sure it wasnt infectes. So did and spent many hours there before they released me saying it wasnt infected and was just normal bleeding and never ran an ultrasound. I went to another gyno the next morning and they did a pelvic exam. She immediately pulled my iud. It was soooo infected. There was literally infection wrapped around it. Gross i know im sorry. But she put me on some serious anti-biotics and other meds. The month after my periods returned to normal and ive had no other issues. We have been trying to get pregnant since the dr gave us the okay and so far nothing. Since my periods are exactly 28days apart my dr doesnt know why we arent conceiving. A little history. I became pregnant with my daughter while on bc. First time my fiance and i didnt use a condom we got pregnant. Niw we havent used protection in over 6 months and cant get pregnant. Its starting to scare me. I called my midwife who i used for both pregnancies and before i was pregnant and she wants to see me immediately. My appt though is not for another 2 weeks. They are going to check me for infertility and make sure the infection is truly gone. I dont have any stds or anything my pap came back normal. So i dont know whats going on but its scary and awful. I will never get another iud! I fully believe the iud is why we cant get pregnant and now have to see multiple drs and possibly consider other options. Anyone else have similar experiences? I really jusy needed to vent and see if anyone else is in the same boat we are. Please share your story. Thanks for reading :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
katadive
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM
The fact you have children is a good sign. I think you just need to relax and not stress so much, l understand its frustrating but stressing won't help. With mirena l kept getting bacterial infections. Had mine removed after 7 months. It took us a lil over 2 months to conceive. Best of luck to you! Let us know how your doing.
aobermeyer
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Im not stressing. It just gets very frustrating. I went to my dr and as of right now they are calling it unexplained infertility. I go back for more test and such in september. Neither one of us is stressing. We honestly kinda gave up hope. And nothing has happened at all. And its been months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)