Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placement and problem?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 226 Total Views
Recently I got the Mirena, June 13 is when I got it placed. I got it because my cycles are reall irregular! I would bleed 2-3 weeks a month. They have always been crazy. I can't remember to take the pill anymore so that is another reason why I chose Mirena. I'm not worried about getting pregnant because I already have my tubes tied. Before I got my tubes tied I took that damn pill everyday! Problem is that since I got I placed (June 13) I started my period and have not stopped!!! Literately!! Frustrating because I think I'm done and hour later nope! And my DH won't have sex while I'm on my period ! Not sure if I should call the doctor or not??
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jme2991
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:52 AM
This is actually pretty common. I spotted irregularly for about 4-6 weeks when I first got it. Good luck!
hailey51207
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:39 PM
This has been a continuous spotting ever since I have had if placed! I have been bleeding everyday!

Quoting jme2991:

This is actually pretty common. I spotted irregularly for about 4-6 weeks when I first got it. Good luck!
jme2991
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Yea I spotted daily for the first month to month and a half. Ruined multiple pairs of panties because as soon as i thought it was done it started right back up. Then about 6 weeks after having it placed I finally stopped for two months then I started a period that lasted between 10-14 days. Continuous bleeding for 5 or 6 days then unpredictable spotting for the next week. And these long periods continued every month until I removed it.
If you feel as of you should be concerned make an appointment or at least call you OBs office.
good luck!
hailey51207
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Think I'm just about done now, its more like a less of a dime and it's real light pink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)