Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help : HEAVY BLEEDING DAYS AFTER MIRENA IUD FELL OUT!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:58 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

Sorry if this is TMI

my Mirena Iud fell out Tues december the 2nd (only a few hours after you know what with my DH) i have had it in a year and a half.. and i had another one in for 5 years (previuosly - with no problems)

we are not trying to concive and have not done anything sense... after it fell out i had no pain.. no bleeding... but 2 days after the IUD fell out i had bleeding... some days not so bad others a bit more (with clots) but last night I woke up (around 4am) to bleeding like crazy (clots and all) now its 8:50 pm the next day and i am still bleeding very heavily (12/12/14)  and the clots have gotten to the size of i was say an inch-2 inches in length.. i am using super plus tampons.. and am soaking throught them about every 30-40 min... and soaking through my clothes. - i do not have any cramping other then a little sorness on my thighs (i also feel tiered but i also didnt get the best sleep 1. i have  a cold (dry cough) and 2. the bleeding... I am a bit lightheaded...as well - but am drinking fluids...(i will go to the doctor soon to get new birth control - the pill - not doing iud again.. but im waiting for the bleeding to stop so i can get a woman check up as well... but im losing so much blood i dont  know when this will stop...

is this normal to happen after iud removals/ fall outs?
is it dangerous?
how long should i expect to bleed?
is this a period or is it just cleaning me out?

thank you (and again, sorry for all the gross details)

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)