Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to my nightmare - I mean let me introduce myself

Posted by   + Show Post
My name is Tracey and I'm a 33 yr old mom of 2.  After I had my youngest, I had the Mirena put in.  After reading up on all of the side effects of all the different forms of birh control, I thought this was the best one.  Boy, I couldn't be more wrong.  When I first read about Mirena, there were few side effects.  But now, after having it for almost 2 years, I have found myself having far too many problems.  From gaining a large amount of weight, to depression, to constant fatigue, headaches almost on a daily basis, acne, significant hair loss and unbearable back pain.  Oh, I forgot to mention, lack of sex drive.  Unfortunately, I no longer have health insurance and can't afford to pay out of pocket to have it removed.  So I live day in and day out with all of these wonderful side effects.   My relationship with my significant other hasn't ended yet, but I know he is extremely frustrated.  My relationship with my children isn't what it should be.  I lack the energy to play with them as much as I should.  I'm hoping that sometime in the near future that I will be able to have it removed so that I may go back to my "normal" life. 
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 6:41 PM
Replies (81-81):
remsed
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Hi anyone here have am issue with a strange rash?

I read in another site forum about bunch of women who experienced a severe rash while on Mirena. I had mine in only for 2.5 weeks. I had to demand my doc remove it because ::) wad experiencing really bad side effects. A rash also appeared a few days after it was inserted and it had only gotten worse!! My doc doesn't think it was caused by the Mirena but that was the only thing that had changed when the rash appeared. I'm so frustrated because the rash can be really really itchy at random times through the day!! And I have an 8 week old baby I have to care for..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN