Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where did the summer go?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:22 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 336 Total Views
I cannot believe I will be back to school on Aug. 13th.  That is 2 weeks from this coming Monday!!!  What happened? 

I know that I made a 65 mile move, my husband is changing HS jobs, my teens are going to new schools - I am the only one that is staying at my schools - but sheesh!  I really needed some rest this summer and now it is gone!  I still have a garage full of boxes and somewhere in there is my teaching clothes!

I better find that stuff before school starts, there are some things my students really don't want to see!  LOL  I think I need to sleep for a week!

I hope the rest of you have had a more restful summer, I need to get hopping relearning how to play the flute, clarinet, sax and snare drum for my new wind ensemble that I am beginning next year.

One thing about teaching.  Even after 14 years, there is always something new to learn!  God help us!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2BugandBear
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:47 PM

I'm right there with you! We go back August 6th!!!  My 'anxiety dreams' started about a week ago... you know, the dream where it's the first day of school, and you've shown up in your pajamas and haven't written any lesson plans or picked up your homeroom roster yet... Agh! LOL

Seriously, though... even though the summer did fly by, I am already a little excited about meeting my new crew of 7th graders. Does that make me a nerd? ;)

Lv2sons
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:54 PM
Seriously - two weeks from Monday?????  WHY???????  I have had a busy but enjoyable summer.  No travel, but a nice balance of play and rest.  Did I clean out everyones rooms like I had planned - NOT!  LOL!  I really, really, really, really don't want to go back this year.  I just had sooooooooo much fun with my little guys this summer I just hate to have it all end!  It's probably been one of my best summer vacations.  It always goes way too fast!  Good luck with the new year!

camrynsmom126
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:07 PM
Hey at least you guys get a summer vacation! I work at a treatment center. The boys live there and don't get a summer vacation. Oh wait I guess we did get one whole week off at the beginning of the summer! Oh well, good luck guys!

JAMIE

Patricia_Verdun
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 8:37 PM
I don't start back for another month and I am already having those "first day back anxiety dreams."  Probably the by product of being a first year teacher - boy I hope so.  Anyway, so relived to know that I am not the only one freaking like that. 

Patricia

dellis1066
by Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Yeah!!!  I just found out that I was off by a week and I will not actually be seeing any students until Aug. 20th.  That gives me a whole extra week!!! 

Woohoo!!!  Just think how excited we are when we get to Easter vacation.  Bonus!  LOL
Roca
by on Jul. 28, 2007 at 10:34 PM
I'm probably the only one excited about the up coming school year. I will be in my own classroom for the first time. I know I should be too anxious but I can't help it. I'm also glad to hear about those of you having "first day anxiety" dreams. I'm already having them. Glad to know this is normal and not some weird issue... :)
Lv2sons
by Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Well ladies, I bit the bullet and went and worked in my classroom yesterday.  I worked from 10:30 to 5:30 rearranging my room.  I feel like I moved a house!  It's kind of like jumping in a cold pool, you've got to jump in with both feet and get it over with, once you're in it's not as bad as you thought it would be.  LOL!  My mind is beginning to race with all the things I need to do and want to do before the kids return on August 20th.  Good luck with the upcoming school year!

hpaterniti
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:27 AM
Well ladies........I am sorry that some of you have to go back in 2 more weeks because I do not know what I would do if I had to go back that soon.  I am dreading going back on August 23rd.  I am looking forward to seeing the kids, but I am not looking forward to seeing some of the people I work with especially those who have been such pain in the rears at the end of last school year.

We did not go on vacation this year because we have been having some financial issues.........btu we did join a fitness club right before Dylan's b-day in February, so we have been trying to go and use the outdoor pool more.  Although here in Ohio, the weather has been yucky!!!!  It has been raining and I know we needed it, but then we are unable to go to the pool.  But this week it is supposed to stop raining and be really warm, so I think we will be spending more time at the pool.  My tan has faded a little, so I need to work on it more, so I look tanner when I go back.

I can not believe it.........this is my 17th year this year.............it just really does not seem that long.  I guess I am on the down hill for retirement?  Thank goodness, I guess?  Well 13 more years to hit 30, but 18 more for 35?  I do not think I can last another 18 years.......do you know what I mean?

Well I hope you all are doin well and are enjoying your time with your families!!!

Thanks for the GREAT year CAVS!!!!  We still LOVE you!!!

onlychildmom
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Wow!  I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has the DREAMS!  lol

smorgan
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:53 AM

I haven't had the dreams yet, but I'm sure they're coming. I have mixed emotions about the start of the school year. There is the excitement of starting the school year. Then, there is the worry about what new test they are going to require us to teach. Finally, I am sad because I am not ready to leave my baby again. I don't start back until August 28th, but I'm sure it will be here before I know it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)