Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This just became my situation..

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:46 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 180 Total Views
Only a few months ago, my step father passed away, widowing my mother who is only 65 (he was almost 90).  In most cases this wouldn't cause changes, but my mother has aphasia and a beginning phase of dementia, so cannot safely live on her own.  None of my friends in real life has a similar situation, so I thought I would check here on CafeMom to see if other moms did.  I was surprised to find a number that did, but only after LOTS of searching.  Maybe that's why I found so many groups with only a few members each - no one knew what phrase to search for, or they got tired of searching and started a group.  Who knows?  Anyhow, as a way of introducing myself, and helping to network all of the moms in these groups (I checked and there are no repeats.. I am the only one who belongs to all of them), here is a list of the groups, other than yours, that have moms who are caring for children as well as their parents in some fashion (this may not be all of them, but it's the ones I know of):  In between a rock and a hard place; Moms who care for their parents; Sandwich parenting; Sandwich generation moms; Raising mom.  I will do this same thing in the other groups and point some this way so hopefully more of us in this situation can connect.
Linda
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)